Moody’s Investors Service has cut India’s 2020 Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth forecast to 5.4 percent from 6.6 percent. At the same time, it has cut the 2021 GDP growth forecast to 5.8 percent from 6.7 percent.Weakness across global economy due to the impact of the novel coronavirus outbreak could hurt India’s recovery, Moody’s said. Recovery might begin in the current quarter, but it may be slower than expected, it added.The business and financial services company has said citing ‘high frequency data’ that India’s economy may have stabilised.Close India’s economic recovery will likely be shallow, Moody’s added. related news World V launches Rs 100cr fund for Indian startups This time there would be no problem in Air India disinvestment: Hardeep Singh Puri Soil health card boosts farm income up to Rs 30,000/acre depending on crops: Study In the second quarter of the current fiscal year, GDP growth fell to 4.5 percent. The government has pegged GDP growth at 5 percent in FY19.The coronavirus outbreak has lowered prospects of stabilisation of the global economy, Moody’s said.Exclusive offer: Use code “BUDGET2020” and get Moneycontrol Pro’s Subscription for as little as Rs 333/- for the first year.
- Moody’s cuts outlook on Mets’ ballpark operator
- Istanbul aims for 2020 Olympics
- Rome’s 2020 Olympic bid scrapped by Premier Monti
- Tokyo opens 2020 Olympic bid campaign in London
- Cities make pitches for 2020 Olympics
- MLS to add four teams by 2020 season
- IOC extends backing of Paralympics through 2020
- Istanbul boasts 2020 games on 2 continents
- IOC reviews 2020 Summer Games bids
- Doha, Baku cut from 2020 Olympic bid
Moody's cuts 2020 GDP growth forecast to 5.4% from 6.6% have 265 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at February 17, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.