If you believed the early hype about autonomous cars, we’d all be buying them by now, or at least enjoying the view from autonomously driven ride-sharing vehicles. Needless to say, that hasn’t happened. In fact, the day that becomes a reality seems to get pushed further out every day. advertisement advertisement On one hand, it’s easy to understand why the delay occurred. Overenthusiastic tech industry titans were eager to make an impact on a large industry that seemed ripe for disruption. Automakers, frightened by potential tech competitors, were so engulfed by FOMO that they felt caught in an environment that didn’t just enable but encouraged unrealistic time frames. This started a cycle of overpromising and underdelivering that’s still going today. Both automakers and tech industry suppliers have pushed back their timelines for delivering real-world products. The challenge of achieving full autonomy turned out to be a significantly harder problem than many people initially acknowledged, and the grim reality of several autonomous vehicle-related deaths didn’t help matters. In addition to these more overt problems, there’s another underlying and lesser-known one–the problem of defining the evolutionary stages of autonomous driving technology. And the impact of that challenge may last longer. The Society of Automotive… Read full this story
- Human Nature and Treating Each Other Well
- Is Stealing Human Nature? Why Do People Steal Things?
- When You Want to Be Your Own Detective Understand the Characteristics of Human Nature
- How to Get Back With Your Ex - Facts About Human Nature
- Digital Signage - Metrics, Human Nature Remain Final Obstacles to Success
- How to Convert Sales Leads Using Human Nature
- NASCAR Race Legends
- Thinking About Racing?
- The British Touring Car Championship - All The Thrills, None Of the Frills!
- NASCAR Race Legends - Fred Lorenzen
How the race to autonomous cars got sidetracked by human nature have 306 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at February 17, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.