Rajendra Khanna, a 68-year-old, retired person, saved himself from paying Rs 20,000 to a fraudster. In January 2020, Rajendra had received a call on his mobile number from an unknown source. The fraudster presented himself as a staff member from the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). Then, he asked Rajendra to verify personal details such as mobile number, email ID, Aadhaar number, Permanent account number (PAN), last employment details and universal account number (UAN). He gave these details to the caller assuming him to be a genuine person from the EPFO.Then the fraudster indicated to Rajendra that since he had worked between 1990 and 2019, he was eligible for a benefit of Rs 80,000 from the EPFO. He added that the management had decided to share the benefits of the unclaimed EPFO corpus with randomly selected EPFO subscribers. To claim this amount, the fraudster asked Rajendra to transfer Rs 20,000 as commission to a particular bank account and get Rs 80,000 credited to his bank account without hassles.Staying alertClose Rajendra kept the call on hold and checked the official website of the EPFO before proceeding further. On opening the official website of the EPFO he was shocked to read a… Read full this story
- Money transfer credit card: Transfer money from credit card to bank account
- Phishing call claims govt depositing money in accounts
- How a Maze of Mysterious Apps Tricked Me Into Saving Money
- French Charity Visits Donbass, Transfers Money to Help Wounded Children
- This new Instagram scam may trick you to give away your account password
- How to create a budget: Best apps and planners to save money
- Your Money: What to do if you need to sell stocks now
- 'Start off in a friendly manner': how to have the money conversation
- Britons without a bank account 'pay a £485 poverty premium'
- German police raid Deutsche Bank over suspected money laundering
How fraudsters trick PF subscribers into transferring money to unknown accounts have 310 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at February 24, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.