Since starting Farmgirl Flowers in 2010, Christina Stembel has sustained a seemingly superhuman work ethic. “You could set a clock by my schedule,” she says of the early days. Stembel would wake up at 3:30 a.m. every day to get to the flower market, then spend the rest of the day making arrangements, setting up deliveries, and fielding customer service inquiries; in the evenings, she made the rounds at networking events. “I was asleep [between] 12 and 1 a.m.,” she says, “only to be up again and back at it early the next morning.” advertisement advertisement A decade later, Stembel is supported by a team of more than 180 people, but her schedule is no less demanding. On most nights, she still only gets about four hours of shut-eye. As the CEO of a bootstrapped business—one she started with $49,000 in savings—Stembel has her hand in every department, from finance to marketing to operations. “We don’t have a C-suite at all,” she says. “I do seven or eight jobs—all the things that usually have a C-suite position.” We got a closer look at Stembel’s ability to burn the midnight oil as part of Fast Company’s “Day On, Day Off” series,… Read full this story
- Top model Mairead O’Neill’s cryptic final Facebook post on night out just hours before she died
- Top model Mairead O’Niell’s cryptic final Facebook post on night out just hours before she died
- Sam Mechelewski Murder Trial: Accused seemed ‘normal’ just hours after murder
- Georgia Steel said she 'wanted to marry' Sam Bird just hours before their split
- Terminally-ill fiancé has marriage wish granted just hours before he died
- DJ, 23, dies in his sleep just weeks after being told he was going to be a dad
- Man, 50, killed himself just hours after mental health assessment
- Luton’s rogue landlords will sleep badly at night says council after man fined £30,000 for major homes defects
- Woman, 30, dies just hours after 'being turned away from A&E'
- Thatcher tried to limit Lockerbie bombing compo just hours after terror attack
Farmgirl Flowers CEO Christina Stembel normally sleeps just 4 hours per night have 349 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at February 20, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.