Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora on Wednesday asserted that the electronic voting machines cannot be tampered with and that there was no question of going back to the ballot paper.He also said that the Commission would engage with political parties in the coming days on various electoral reforms and the model code.Addressing the ‘Times Now Summit’, the CEC lamented that the day-to-day dialogue is becoming “more coarse ” and it should be “avoided”.Close He said EVMs can malfunction like a car or a pen but they cannot be tampered with.He said the machines are in use for 20 years now and there was no question of returning to the ballot paper. related news ICICI demat account: Its charges, account opening process, etc. Donald Trump to hold roadshow, attend ‘Howdy, Modi’-like event in Ahmedabad Various courts, including the Supreme Court, have upheld the use of the machines to cast votes, he pointed out.Click here for Delhi Election Result 2020 Live Updates, News, Views and AnalysisClick here for full coverage on Delhi Assembly Elections 2020Exclusive offer: Use code “BUDGET2020” and get Moneycontrol Pro’s Subscription for as little as Rs 333/- for the first year.
- Michelle Ballantyne on verge of getting on ballot paper for Scottish Tory leadership
- MP Cong Team Meets SEC Demanding Use of Paper Ballots in Upcoming Local Body Polls, BJP Cries Foul
- A Seattle-area district is allowing all of its voters to cast their ballots by smartphone
- Weed, guns, porn: Introducing November's ballot initiatives
- Brexit: Labour MPs urge Corbyn not to go 'full Remain'
- Ballot box snatchers should be treated like armed robbers, Senator Adeyeye defends Buhari
- Breathtaking Brexit Ballot: Record Turnout as Count Begins
- Labour leadership: Lisa Nandy makes it to final ballot
- CBSE 10th maths board exam 2020: 8 points to keep in mind while preparing for this paper
- MPPSC regrets lapse in question paper
EVMs cannot be tampered with, no question of going back to ballot paper: CEC have 313 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.