It’s an oft-asked question: what gives teams in sport their identity? Does it depend on how entertaining they are? Is it the drive of the players? How many trophies they have won? Or, could it be how they redefine tactics and give new meaning to the game? The answers are many and yet all valid. Such is the ability of sport to draw loyalty.When it comes to the Chennai Super Kings though, the answer is simple. Fans make CSK what they are. Over the years, fandom for the IPL team — through ups and downs, and the gloriously disruptive soap opera that supporting them has been — has grown to such iconic levels that it is difficult to define the team without their fans. The essence of CSK’s fandom is now woven into the very fabric of Chennai’s culture: from old-world idli kadais, where thathas debate if the bowling attack is good enough over morning coffee, to college-goers in glitzy bars hoping they will get to watch Dhoni lift the title one last time before he retires. Fans at the Vivo Indian Premier League (IPL) 2019 Twenty20 Championship cricket match between Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Delhi Capitals (DC) at… Read full this story
- IPL 2020 schedule: Chennai Super Kings full list of fixtures, timings, squad and record
- IPL 2020: End of road for Suresh Raina in Chennai Super Kings?
- Suresh Raina breaks silence after Chennai Super Kings exit: 'What happened to my family was horrific'
- IPL 2020: Suresh Raina's return to Chennai Super Kings will be decided by MS Dhoni, management: Srinivasan
- IPL 2020: Chennai Super Kings set for training after extended quarantine
- Suresh Raina's exit from Chennai Super Kings camp due to concerns over bubble, isolation
- IPL 2020: Covid 19 outbreak in Chennai Super Kings leaves Kane Williamson concerned
- Coronavirus | Current India bowler, multiple staff members of Chennai Super Kings test positive
- MS Dhoni already thinking about deciding Chennai Super Kings' future captain: Dwayne Bravo
- IPL 2020: Rohit Sharma's Daughter Samaira Sings Special Song For Mumbai Indians Ahead of Opener With Chennai Super Kings | WATCH
Chennai Super Kings fans, ready to don the yellow and whistle again? have 333 words, post on www.thehindu.com at February 24, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.