Reaching out to students in their own language, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday addressed 200 of them during a “Pariksha Pe Charcha” and said his conversations with them will be “hashtag without filter”.
Assuring students of his complete focus, Modi said they could speak to him openly.
“Speak to me hashtag without filter,” he said at the interaction held at the Talkatora Stadium here.
Modi said everyone should keep abreast of the latest technology but it should not be allowed to govern lives.
“We should have the strength to keep technology under our control and ensure it does not waste our time. One room in our homes should be technology free. Whoever enters will not carry any gadgets,” he told students while stressing that exams are not everything.
The prime minister also urged students to spend their spare time with the elderly.
He also said students should not be afraid of failure and take it as a part of life.
“Was told I shouldn’t attend Chandrayaan landing as there was no guarantee of success but I needed to be there,” the prime minister said.
Good marks in exams are not everything, he told the students in the interaction. “We have to come out of the thinking that exams are everything,” the prime minister said.
The PM also highlighted the importance of taking on extra-curricular activities and said there is a growing tendency among parents to push their children into activities considered “glamorous”.
“Parents should take time out to find out what their children want to do instead of pushing them into activities that are considered glamorous which they can discuss in their conversations with their friends,” he said.Get access to India’s fastest growing financial subscriptions service Moneycontrol Pro for as little as Rs 599 for first year. Use the code “GETPRO”. Moneycontrol Pro offers you all the information you need for wealth creation including actionable investment ideas, independent research and insights & analysis For more information, check out the Moneycontrol website or mobile app.
- PM Modi Degree Row: DU Opposes RTI Applicants' Intervention Application; Calls It A "Cheap Publicity Stunt" [Read Application]
- Rajasthan HC Postpones District Judge Cadre Exam Due to PM Modi’s Visit
- CIC Comes to Rescue of PM Modi’s ‘Chaachi’ Who Seeks Revision Of Rent For Govt Dispensary Running On Her Building [Read Order]
- Bar Council Of Delhi Writes To PM Modi For Rs 200 Cr Annual Grant
- Increase Retirement Age Of Judges To 70 Years: BJP Leader Ashwini Kumar Upadhyay Writes To PM Modi
- SC Directs ECI To Watch PM Modi Biopic And Report Whether It Can Be Screened During Poll Time
- SC Directs ECI To Watch PM Modi Biopic And Report Whether It Can Be Screened During Poll Time [Read Order]
- SC Issues Notice To EC On Plea Alleging Inaction To Proceed Against PM Modi And Amit Shah For Poll Code Violations
- CIC Orders Air India To Share Complete Record Of PM Modi’s Foreign Travel Bills During 2016-17 [Read Order]
- Enact Anti-Torture Law, Possibly In Current Budget Session: Former Law Minister Dr. Ashwani Kumar Writes To PM Modi [Read Letter]