Foreign institutional investors (FIIs) have in the last four quarters consistently raised stake in around 122 companies, most of which are in the small and midcap space, an indication that smart money has started moving in their direction.Two consecutive years of consolidation in the broader market space has made it relatively more attractive for foreign investors. Largecap stocks are safe but have become slightly pricier when compared to mid & smallcaps.Close “Small and mid-cap stocks have been underperforming for the past two years and some quality stocks are also trading below their fair price; hence these are lucrative opportunity and FIIs have also moved funds into this segment,” Gaurav Garg, Head of Research at CapitalVia Global Research Limited- Investment Advisor told Moneycontrol. related news What changed for the market while you were sleeping? Top 10 things to know Trade Setup for Tuesday: Top 15 things to know before Opening Bell Technical View: Nifty forms bearish candle, 12,087 crucial for pre-budget move “Large-cap stocks are expensive and are trading at higher P/E multiples. Institutional investors, therefore, are backing midcap and small-cap stocks as there is scope for proportionately greater earnings. Funds have been flowing in this space due to favourable risk-to-reward,”… Read full this story
- Nestle raises stake in Aimmune after peanut allergy therapy approval
- MFs raise stake in over 200 BSE500 firms, 17 Sensex stocks in Q3; should you buy?
- Portfolio check! Ashish Kacholia raises stake in 5 cos, keeps it constant in 11 in Q2
- En+ raises stake in Rusal to 57% after Glencore asset swap
- Newtown Small Business Spotlight: Heather Kelly Photography
- Iowa raises stakes for Buttigieg in New Hampshire primary
- Middlefield Small Business Spotlight: Take 2 Karaoke and Disc Jockeys
- Newtown Small Business Spotlight: Bellenot and Boufford
- Buyer of minority stake in private company has to deposit 50% of cost
- Suffield Small Business Spotlight: CJ Pizza and Grinders
Small & midcaps back in spotlight as FIIs raise stake in 122 BSE companies have 308 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at January 28, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.