Foreign institutional investors (FIIs) have in the last four quarters consistently raised stake in around 122 companies, most of which are in the small and midcap space, an indication that smart money has started moving in their direction.Two consecutive years of consolidation in the broader market space has made it relatively more attractive for foreign investors. Largecap stocks are safe but have become slightly pricier when compared to mid & smallcaps.Close “Small and mid-cap stocks have been underperforming for the past two years and some quality stocks are also trading below their fair price; hence these are lucrative opportunity and FIIs have also moved funds into this segment,” Gaurav Garg, Head of Research at CapitalVia Global Research Limited- Investment Advisor told Moneycontrol. related news What changed for the market while you were sleeping? Top 10 things to know Trade Setup for Tuesday: Top 15 things to know before Opening Bell Technical View: Nifty forms bearish candle, 12,087 crucial for pre-budget move “Large-cap stocks are expensive and are trading at higher P/E multiples. Institutional investors, therefore, are backing midcap and small-cap stocks as there is scope for proportionately greater earnings. Funds have been flowing in this space due to favourable risk-to-reward,”… Read full this story
- Secrets to success from winners of Amazon’s Small Business Spotlight Awards
- Oman sells $1 billion stake in electricity company to Chinese buyer
- Fairfield Small Business Spotlight: Wise Learning Centers
- Small, midcap stocks to benefit most from rate cut, improved liquidity: Nilesh Shah, Kotak AMC
- Go for a barbell approach, along with largecaps, invest in quality small & midcaps: Rakesh Arora
- Fairfield Small Business Spotlight: Carl Brandt, Inc.
- Fairfield Small Business Spotlight: Vintage Garden
- Fairfield Small Business Spotlight: Keri McKay Interiors
- RBI rejects Future Lifestyle plan to raise stake in Koovs
- Small Business Spotlight: Swim N Surf of Fairfield
Small & midcaps back in spotlight as FIIs raise stake in 122 BSE companies have 304 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at January 28, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.