A volley of rockets landed near the US embassy in the Iraqi capital Baghdad January 26, two security sources told AFP, in the latest unclaimed attack on American installations in the country.
AFP reporters heard loud thuds emanating from the western bank of the Tigris, where most foreign embassies are located.
One security source said three Katyusha rockets hit near the high-security compound while another said as many as five struck the area.
Get access to India’s fastest growing financial subscriptions service Moneycontrol Pro for as little as Rs 599 for first year. Use the code “GETPRO”. Moneycontrol Pro offers you all the information you need for wealth creation including actionable investment ideas, independent research and insights & analysis For more information, check out the Moneycontrol website or mobile app.
- Rocket hits near U.S. Embassy in Baghdad’s Green Zone
- Rocket attack hits near US Embassy in Baghdad's Green Zone
- Rocket attack hits near U.S. embassy in Baghdad
- Saudi Arabia, U.S. warn Iran
- U.S. hits Iran with new sanctions targeting petrochemicals
- The Latest: Kuwait's emir in Baghdad amid regional tensions
- Saudis say they will defend themselves, as Trump warns Iran
- Trump, Saudi Arabia warn Iran against Middle East conflict
- U.S. Navy expert: Tanker attack mine resembles Iranian mines
- US Navy expert: Tanker attack mine resembles Iranian mines