“Only buy something that you’d be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years.” That’s a word of wisdom from Warren Buffett.Moneycontrol charted the data for past 10 years for the stocks in the S&P BSE 500 index. More than 50 stocks in the index gave more than 1000 percent, returns while 169 out of 500 rose 100-900 percent in the same period, according to data from AceEquity.Close On the other hand, only 0.16 percent, or 80 stocks, out of 500 gave negative returns in the last 10 years. related news Nifty at record highs: Do you know how & when to book profits in stocks? Market Headstart: Nifty likely to inch towards 12,300 levels; All eyes on Infosys stock So if you are invested in the stocks that have growth potential and a unique business model which could sustain for a decade, multibagger returns can’t be ruled out.As many as 56 stocks from the S&P BSE 500 index gave 1000-35000 percent returns in the last 10 years. The names include Info Edge, 3M India, Page Industries, Berger Paints, Eicher Motors, Atul, Ajanta Pharma, Astral Poly, Bajaj Finance, Caplin Point and Avanti Feeds.Note: The above list contains stocks that are… Read full this story
- 9/11 - 10 Years Later: New York City, and entire nation, still coming to terms with September 11
- Dr. Hector Castro, champion of Latino healthcare, busted for slinging $10 million worth of Oxycodone
- From the archives: Q&A with Tom Sutherland 10 years after captivity
- Buffalo Bills staying put after agreeing to a new 10-year lease to keep playing at Ralph Wilson Stadium
- Yankees move to WFAN, but what state will team be in over length of massive 10-year deal?
- 10 years later: Wisdom grown from ashes of the Warren Grove fire
- 10 years after Va. Tech shooting: How gun laws have changed
- Ammo supplier Brownells sells more than 3 YEARS' worth of AR-15 magazines in 3 DAYS
- Ranking the best NFL QBs drafted in the first round in the past 10 years
- Judge Calls TV Pitchman 'Deceitful,' Imposes 10-Year Prison Sentence
Over 50 stocks in BSE500 index turned multibaggers in 10 years; worth a buy in 2020? have 344 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at January 13, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.