Warren Buffett once said “We don’t have to be smarter than the rest. We have to be more disciplined than the rest.”What worked in 2019 was disciplined investing across themes – be it large, mid or smallcap. Quality of portfolio and stock selection are the two most important things for wealth creation and PMS managers managed to just do that.Close As many as 43 PMS schemes outperformed Nifty50 in 2019 delivering as much as 27 percent return, compared to 12 percent return for Nifty50 in the same period, according to data from PMSBazaar, an online portal used for PMS comparison, investment, and analytics. related news Market Live: Nifty above 12,150, Sensex up 450 pts; Bharti Infratel, JSW Steel top gainers Trade Setup for Thursday: Top 15 things to know before Opening Bell Taking Stock: Sensex, Nifty recover from lows, but volatility likely to stay The S&P BSE Sensex rose more than 14 percent while the S&P BSE Mid-cap, and the Small-cap indices closed the year on a negative note down 3 percent, and 7 percent, respectively.Indian market hit fresh record highs in 2019 but only a handful of stocks led the rally. The broader markets underperformed Nifty for the second… Read full this story
- Punjab orders social audit of stubble management scheme
- This equity fund category shows why size doesn’t matter for outperformance
- Should US equities be the core investment in an Indian portfolio?
- Investors lose Rs 36 lakh crore since Jan; experts say allocate 35-60% portfolio to equities
- TV BAFTAs 2020: Idris Elba thanks the Academy for 'finally recognising' him as he leads winners with Naomi Ackie and Mo Gilligan... while fans note 'more diversity' at event after film ceremony's backlash
- SMFG to invest in British asset manager with eye on ESG bonds: sources
- Anup Ghosh joins Accenture Security as Managing Director
- This equity fund category has been spectacular in rallies, but is risky
- Market up 48% from March lows; time to change strategy and rejig portfolio?
- Nifty could trade in 11,400-10,700 range this week with a mixed bias; 4 stocks to buy
Over 40 portfolio management schemes outperform Nifty in 2019; multi-cap category a winner have 341 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at January 9, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.