Senior Indian cricketer MS Dhoni’s name did not figure in the annual player contracts announced by the Board of Control for Cricket (BCCI) on January 16.
The contracts are for the period October 2019 to September 2020 for Team India (Senior Men).
Dhoni has not played since India’s loss to New Zealand in the World Cup semi-final in July 2019.
BCCI’s player contracts for the senior team are divided into four grades: A+, A, B and C.
For the aforementioned period, players in these categories would be paid Rs crore, Rs 5 crore, Rs 3 crore and Rs 1 crore, respectively.
Captain Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and Jasprit Bumrah are grade A+ players.
Grade A players are: Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, KL Rahul, Shikhar Dhawan, Mohd. Shami, Ishant Sharma, Kuldeep Yadav and Rishabh Pant.
Wriddhiman Saha, Umesh Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Hardik Pandya and Mayank Agarwal have grade B contracts.
Kedar Jadhav, Navdeep Saini, Deepak Chahar, Manish Pandey, Hanuma Vihari, Shardul Thakur, Shreyas Iyer and Washington Sundar have grade C contracts.
(This story will be updated when more details are available)Get access to India’s fastest growing financial subscriptions service Moneycontrol Pro for as little as Rs 599 for first year. Use the code “GETPRO”. Moneycontrol Pro offers you all the information you need for wealth creation including actionable investment ideas, independent research and insights & analysis For more information, check out the Moneycontrol website or mobile app.
- Jasprit Bumrah reveals what MS Dhoni advised him on his debut
- Giants unlikely to punish Bumgarner by voiding contract
- New York health officials warn over circumcision ritual after four cases of herpes in babies were linked to procedures performed by Rabbis
- Outages down to about 24,500 in New Hampshire after storm
- New Jersey’s medically assisted suicide law put on hold
- Destiny 2 Season Of Opulence Trailer Shows Off New Activity And Loot
- Buying a new property in 2020? Six potential traps to watch out for if you're moving home this year
- Rangers sign Chris Kreider to 7-year contract extension
- Google Cloud unveils new tools for detecting modern threats
- Vietnam’s players to compete at Junior Davis Cup, Junior Fed Cup Asia Oceania