Reiterating his stance on implementing the contentious National Register of Citizens, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has stated once again that there’s no question of an NRC in his state.Addressing the state Assembly on January 13, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) ally clarified that even Prime Minister Narendra Modi has stated that all discussions on NRC were done only in the context of Assam, where it was long due, as per a settlement with the Centre and the Supreme Court.The Bihar CM also said any talks on the Citizenship Amendment Act, 2019, should be done separately, and not read along with the NRC.Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in state assembly: No question of NRC in Bihar, it was in discussions only in context of Assam. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has also clarified on it. (file pic) pic.twitter.com/mpQecGaVMW— ANI (@ANI) January 13, 2020Get access to India’s fastest growing financial subscriptions service Moneycontrol Pro for as little as Rs 599 for first year. Use the code “GETPRO”. Moneycontrol Pro offers you all the information you need for wealth creation including actionable investment ideas, independent research and insights & analysis For more information, check out the Moneycontrol website or mobile app.
- Covid-19 update: Bihar CM Nitish Kumar announces Rs 1,000 assistance for families with no rations cards
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar announces relief measures for people in Covid-19 camps
- Bihar govt will bear entire expenses of coronavirus positive patients, says CM Nitish Kumar
- CM Nitish Kumar reviews schemes for creating employment for labourers
- Chirag Paswan hits out at ally Nitish Kumar
- Yogi Adityanath’s Kota evacuation plan puts Nitish Kumar in oppn firing line
- Cementing JDU-BJP ties, Nitish Kumar attends Vijay Rupani's oath-taking ceremony
- Chirag Paswan says 14.5 lakh people in Bihar not getting ration benefits, seeks Nitish Kumar's intervention
- Nitish Kumar “not doing anything” for stranded Bihar residents, says Prashant Kishor
- Delhi govt to test mediapersons for COVID-19; Tejashwi Yadav urges Nitish Kumar to ensure security of Bihar journalists
Bihar CM Nitish Kumar reiterates: No question of NRC in the state have 332 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at January 13, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.