Having failed to win a single seat in the 2019 Lok Sabha election, Tejashwi Yadav-led Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) is hoping to “rectify” its seat-sharing mistakes ahead of Legislative Assembly election in Bihar this year.According to a report by ThePrint, RJD feels that that it made a mistake by conceding too many seats to its alliance partners, including the Congress, during the general election.The party conceded 21 out of the total 40 parliamentary seats in Bihar.Close A former minister aware of the move told ThePrint that “most candidates fielded by alliance partners were unworthy, who could not offer any resistance to the NDA candidates”. related news Shashi Tharoor visits Jamia, JNU, Shaheen Bagh; says CAA against Mahatma Gandhi’s ideals of unity Harsh Vardhan Shringla calls on Donald Trump at Oval Office before leaving for India Philippines warns of ‘explosive eruption’ as volcano spews ash “If we repeat the same mistake in the assembly polls we are likely to face a revolt from within the party as RJD already has strong candidates in most of the assembly seats,” the person added.Moneycontrol could not independently verify the report.The former minister added that RJD would not contest fewer than 150 of the 243… Read full this story
- Khan's PTI wins most seats as EU raises concern over poll process
- UN General Assembly elects Ukraine to ECOSOC
- Armenia snap parliamentary election to be held in March, April 2019?
- ELECTION 2017: How to get the most out of opinion polls without being led up the garden path
- Carmakers delaying more efficient models until 2019 to maximise profit, report says
- Newspaper: Armenia snap parliamentary election to be held in April-May 2019
- France out to rectify Euro 2016 mistakes in World Cup final – Pogba
- By-election for Tanangada’s seat planned for May
- Deadly suicide blast casts shadow over Pakistan elections
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar launches BJP election campaign from Naraingarh
Bihar Assembly Election | RJD hopes to 'rectify' seat-sharing mistakes made during 2019 Lok Sabha polls: Report have 315 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at January 13, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.