Amazon India is in the process of establishing brick-and-mortar “Digital Haats” to help small-and-medium business enterprises, Mint reported.
The company is planning to set up 100 such haats by 2025, Gopal Pillai, Amazon India vice-president for seller services, told the publication.
Theses marketplaces will assist small business with services such as ecommerce on-boarding, imaging and cataloging, warehouse space, logistics, digital marketing, and compliance.
Pillai did not provide a timeline or locations but said the commerce giant wanted to set up the first Digital Haat “at the earliest”.
“We would imagine it like a food court or a store of a telecom company where you will see several booths offering different services,” Pillai told the paper.
“We will evolve—there are a set of services which will be free, and a set of services that will involve service providers who are providing it,” Pillai said.
The e-tailer might establish the manufacturing clusters at cities such as Tirupur and Erode in Tamil Nadu, and Surat and Ahmedabad in Gujarat, he added.
Amazon chief executive Jeff Bezos recently announced an investment of $1 billion to help micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in India. The Digital Haats are a part of this investment.
Bezos also said Amazon would create one million jobs in India by 2025.Get access to India’s fastest growing financial subscriptions service Moneycontrol Pro for as little as Rs 599 for first year. Use the code “GETPRO”. Moneycontrol Pro offers you all the information you need for wealth creation including actionable investment ideas, independent research and insights & analysis For more information, check out the Moneycontrol website or mobile app.
- Choosing the Right Work Shirts for Your Small Business
- Working Capital Loans and Small Business Cash Advance Strategies
- Business Process Consulting - Consulting to the Small Business Owner
- Web Advertising For The Small Business
- Computer Tips that Help Small Businesses Operate Profitably
- How to Find Small Business Ideas That Match Your Assets and Skills (Part One)
- High Powered Printing Solutions For Small Businesses
- 3 Attitudes That Can Be Fatal to Your Small Business Success
- How Local Chamber of Commerce Help Grow Your Small Business
- The US Committee On Small Business