Yamaha’s YZF-R15 V3 recently joined the bandwagon of BSVI-compliant vehicles, as the updated version was launched by the Japanese motorcycle manufacturer yesterday. The motorcycle gets a new colour scheme along with a BSVI-compliant engine.
Since Yamaha had to alter the engine to manage its emissions, the new motor makes 0.7 PS and 0.6 Nm less than its predecessor. The BSVI motor makes 18.6 PS of maximum power and 14.7 Nm of peak torque. However, its rev range and torque band remain unchanged. It also carries forward its 6-speed manual transmission with a slip-and-assist clutch.
The motorcycle also gets a new radial rear tyre, though the rest of the underpinnings remain the same. It gets a pair of telescopic forks in the front and a monoshock at the back while braking duties are handled by single discs on both ends. The motorcycle also gets a dual-channel ABS unit as standard. The bike also still retains its kerb weight of 142 kilos.
In addition to the mechanical changes, Yamaha has also added minor upgrades such as a side-stand engine kill feature and a dual horn setup. The motorcycle is also offered with blue alloy wheels for the blue colour variant, while the graphics on both colour options have been slightly redesigned. The Darknight colour scheme howevert, remains completely unchanged.
Overall, the BSVI-compliance and aesthetic redesign have marginally increased the motorcycle’s costs. The other variants get an increase of Rs 4,420, while the Racing Blue colour gets pricier by Rs 5,020. This is because of the addition of the completely blue alloys.Are you happy with your current monthly income? Do you know you can double it without working extra hours or asking for a raise? Rahul Shah, one of the India’s leading expert on wealth building, has created a strategy which makes it possible… in just a short few years. You can know his secrets in his FREE video series airing between 12th to 17th December. You can reserve your free seat here.
- Yamaha launches 7-Channel recievers
- Challenge X Ends, EcoCar launches--into a fast-changing world
- Fiji in "fight for our very survival" amid climate change, prime minister says
- Oppo R15 and R15 Plus teased with iPhone X-style notch
- Space Calendar 2018: Launches, Sky Events & More
- China Outlines Two-Phase Chang'e 4 Moon Lander Mission
- China's Chang'e 4 Moon-Relay Satellite Gets a Name from Folklore
- China Preparing to Launch Chang'e-4 Relay Satellite May 21
- Meet the Amateur Scientist Who Discovered Climate Change
- Ford launches important campaign to end the silence on mental health