Wall Street ended solidly higher on Friday as a strong jobs report and optimism about US-China trade negotiations ahead of an upcoming deadline helped stoke investor risk appetite.All three major US stock indexes gained ground, hovering within 1 percent of record highs set last week.But as a tumultuous week of contradictory trade news and mixed economic data drew to a close, only the S&P 500 posted a weekly gain. The Dow and the Nasdaq ended the session down from last Friday’s close.Close The US economy added 2,66,000 jobs in November, the largest increase in 10 months, according to the Labor Department, blowing past analyst estimates. The unemployment rate edged down to 3.5 percent. related news Wall Street opens higher after strong jobs data, calmer tone on trade Wall Street inches higher as December 15 tariff deadline looms “This type of report shows underlying economic strength, and it gives corporate management confidence in the strength of the economy,” said Tim Ghriskey, chief investment strategist at Inverness Counsel in New York. “Primarily because of (trade negotiations), there’s been a lot of uncertainty with management.”Regarding trade, White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow said that while the December 15 remains the date when the next… Read full this story
- Can the Wall Street Crash Happen Again?
- Terrorist Nightmare on Wall Street
- Wall Street Is Back
- Dow Jones Precious Metals Index-Make Great Money With The Precious Metals Index
- Dow Jones US Real Estate Index - Make A Fortune From Real Estate With These Simple Tips
- DJIA - Historical Performance of the Dow Jones Industrial Average
- Dow Jones US Industrials Index-Start Making Money Immediately By Being Financially Educated
- Travel to New-York City, Part II- Financial District, Wall Street
- Who Makes Money in Wall Street and How
- Wall Street's Dirty Little Secret Can Make You Rich
Wall Street climbs on solid jobs data, trade hopes; Dow Jones rallies over 300 pts have 304 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at December 7, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.