Video PlayerClose SEOUL, Dec. 2 (Xinhua) — South Korean carmakers’ global automotive sale fell for two straight months to November due to weak demand both at home and abroad, industry data showed Monday. Global car sale by five local automakers, including Hyundai, Kia, Ssangyong, Renault Samsung and GM Korea, stood at 707,009 units in November, down 1.9 percent from a year earlier. Domestic auto sale reduced 2.5 percent over the year to 136,414 vehicles in the month, while car export retreated 1.8 percent to 570,595 units. The country’s biggest automaker Hyundai Motor saw a 1.5 percent decline in its domestic car sale and a 3.0 percent reduction in export amid the weak demand from emerging economies. The No.2 carmaker Kia Motors, affiliated with Hyundai, posted a 0.2 percent fall in the local car sale, but its overseas sale increased 1.1 percent on solid demand for sport utility vehicle (SUV) models. Ssangyong’s domestic automotive sale gained for two straight months, but its export tumbled in double figures in the month. Renault Samsung posted the sale decline both at home and abroad, while GM Korea logged an export increase last month despite a double-digit fall in domestic car sale.
- Thai auto sales surge
- Auto sales show buoyant performance
- Toyota Prius sales fall in August
- NR Latex Concentrates Market 2018 Global Industry Sales, Supply, Consumption, Demand, Analysis and Forecasts to 2025
- Semi-Sweet Wine Global Market Sales, Revenue, Price and Gross Margin Forecast To 2025
- Rice Bran Oil Market 2018 Global Industry Sales, Supply, Consumption, Demand, Analysis and Forecasts to 2025
- Electric Vehicles To Make Up 55% Of Global Car Sales By 2040
- New global bond sale in late Q3 or early Q4
- Canada Auto Sales Brand Rankings – April 2018
- 2019 Mazda CX-3 Goes On Sale This Month For $20,390
S.Korean carmakers' global auto sale falls for 2 months have 285 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at December 2, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.