The owner of Rare Enterprises had planned to invest $25 million in the private sector lender through his wife Rekha Jhunjhunwala’s family office, the report said.
Moneycontrol could not independently verify the story.
Jhunjhunwala is expected to release a formal letter regarding the investment on December 10, the report stated.
“The logic behind not subscribing to Yes Bank’s preferential allotment by Jhunjhunwala is that it is higher than the prevailing market price. There is also a lock-in period,” a source told the newspaper, adding that the market veteran can instead buy shares at a lower price in the open market without a lock-in period.
Yes Bank’s shares closed at Rs 56.2 on the BSE on December 9, and the preferential offer is priced at Rs 78. At 09:38 hours, the counter was quoting Rs 54.50, down Rs 1.75, or 3.11 percent.
In related news, Yes Bank is likely to reject a $1.2 billion capital raising plan from Canada’s Erwin Singh Braich and Hong Kong-based SPGP Holdings, a Bloomberg report suggests.
Yes Bank called both there reports ‘purely speculative’.
The bank’s board is expected to discuss the proposed $2 billion capital raising at its meeting on December 10. The board had approved the capital raising plan in November.
Are you happy with your current monthly income? Do you know you can double it without working extra hours or asking for a raise? Rahul Shah, one of the India’s leading expert on wealth building, has created a strategy which makes it possible… in just a short few years. You can know his secrets in his FREE video series airing between 12th to 17th December. You can reserve your free seat here.
- Post Panama Papers, here's how Estonia's e-residency project plans to head off banking scandals
- Hobby Lobby's Retirement Plan Invests in Contraception Makers
- Huawei plans investment in emerging economies
- How Investing Affects Your Taxes
- A Beginner’s Guide to Your Company’s Employee Stock Plans
- How to Invest Beyond Your 401(k) or IRA
- How Can I Get Started Investing in the Stock Market?
- How Index Funds Make Investing Easier and Less Scary
- How to Start Tracking Your Investments With Personal Capital
- Can Pope Francis clean up God’s bank?