The rumour mill has started churning out more details about the Huawei P40 series months before its launch. We have already seen alleged render images of the Huawei P40 and the P40 Pro giving out key design details before the launch. A new report by renowned analyst Ming-Chi Kuo claims that the P40 Pro’s telephoto lens will feature 10x optical zoom.
Huawei P30 Pro, which is the current flagship under Huawei’s P series smartphone, features a periscope lens with 5x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom, and up to 50x digital zoom. Kuo believes that Huawei would up the telephoto game and launch the P40 Pro with 10x optical zoom, reported Huawei Central. The Chinese smartphone manufacturer is said to use an 8MP f/4.0 periscope lens setup, which will include two mirrors and a prism structure.
Kuo also claims that many other smartphones launching in 2020 will feature a 10x optical zoom periscope setup. The claim was made without specifically mentioning the model or the manufacturer.
Other high-end Huawei smartphones like the Nova series, Mate series, and the sub-brand Honor smartphones will use 5x optical zoom for zoom.
Huawei P40 series will reportedly be priced between Yuan 4,000 (roughly Rs 40,500) and Yuan 5,000 (roughly Rs 50,500). The company is aiming to ship a total of 37 million smartphones with periscope setup. Out of the 37 million, Huawei plans to ship 9 million smartphones with 10x optical zoom, and the remaining 28 million smartphones with 5x optical zoom.Get access to India’s fastest growing financial subscriptions service Moneycontrol Pro for as little as Rs 599 for first year. Use the code “GETPRO”. Moneycontrol Pro offers you all the information you need for wealth creation including actionable investment ideas, independent research and insights & analysis For more information, check out the Moneycontrol website or mobile app.
- Why you’re probably using iPhone camera zoom WRONG – and how to fix it
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 could have stylus with HIDDEN zooming ‘spy cam’
- Siro says it raised security issues with Huawei but sticks with firm
- Huawei executive arrested in Poland for 'working with Chinese secret services'
- Huawei has failed to address UK's security concerns, damning government report reveals
- Huawei says $2bn reboot will ease security fears
- Match report: Derby County 0-0 Nottingham Forest
- REPORT: Mariners thrash Magpies at BP!
- Port Vale 0-1 Grimsby Town REPORT
- Our report from Grimsby Town's latest League Two clash