A 13-year-old boy in central Thailand has shot and killed a classmate he said repeatedly insulted and repeatedly bullied him. The victim allegedly always taunted him calling him a "toot".
The fatal shooting occurred inside a public school in Nonthaburi around 8.30am, police said.
Emergency responders found Chonlasit Boonchan, also 13, a Mathayom Suksa 1 student, lying dead in a pool of blood. He had a gunshot wound to the right side of his forehead.
Teachers and medics performed CPR on him, but failed to save his life.
The young shooter was detained and taken into police custody. Police found a 7.65mm pistol in his shoulder bag, Thai media reported.
The young boy told police that Chonlasit had often bullied him, slapping his head and calling him a "toot" – a lady boy.
The repeated insults festered inside him until he finally couldn't take it anymore. He stole his father's pistol and then shot Chonlasit in the head as he was taking off his shoes.
He then ran to a bathroom to change clothes. According to police intending to flee, but was caught by teachers.
Thairath reported that the boy was wearing a black mask, shirt and gloves when he shot Chomlasit. He then went to a bathroom to change into his school uniform.
The slain boy's father, Suwit Boonchan, 55, rushed to the school after being told of the fatal shooting. He burst into tears upon seeing his son's dead body.
Police questioned the class teacher and took the young boy to the police station for further interrogation. Child protection officials were summoned along with his parents.
Its unclear if the father of the young boy has a permit for the hand gun, police are investigating.
Thailand #2 in World for School Bullying
Meanwhile, a recent survey found that Thailand has the world's 2nd highest percentage of school bullying.
According to the survey conducted by Thailand's Mental Health department, about 600,000 children a year are being bullied at schools in Thailand. Of the 600K 40 percent are bullied by their peers or older students.
The Office of the Basic Education Commission is currently working on a plan to tackle this issue.
- 13-Year-Old Boy Dies While Playing Football In Pittsburgh
- Computer simulating 13-year-old boy becomes first to pass Turing test
- 13-year-old schoolgirl becomes pregnant by a boy aged TEN in Russia
- Owners of a vacant home where a 14-year-old boy died after he 'climbed down a chimney and got trapped for three weeks' say they are 'heartbroken' and were stunned when cops asked them for keys to search the property
- Pictured: School teacher is laid to rest after she was shot dead by an 11-year-old student, who killed himself and wounded five students and another teacher in Mexico
- Killers 'filmed themselves dismembering 17-year-old boy and planned to deliver his head as a warning' as police hunt 'psychopathic' Dublin hitman they believe is responsible
- Tennessee Drive-By Shooting Kills 6-Year-Old Girl, 16-Year-Old Boy in Critical Condition
- Police investigating after Gritty accused of punching 13-year-old in back
- Girl, 13, 'gets pregnant with 10-year-old boy's baby' in 'alarming' case
- 67-year-old arrested for 'killing' daughter's stalker in Badlapur
- Video: Patriots WR Julian Edelman Gives Super Bowl LIII Tickets to 13-Year-Old Victim of Bullying
- Teen Arrested In Highland Park Slaying Of 15-Year-Old Boy
- 13-Year-Old's Emotional Speech about Father Who Died in Iran Plane Crash Will Break Your Heart
- Sheffield drive-by attack: Man, 35, charged with attempted murder after 12-year-old boy shot
- Two-year-old boy faces 'painful and premature death' as deportation looms
- Pictured: The 17-year-old boy who was decapitated and dismembered in brutal Irish gangland murder as police condemn 'brutal and savage attack on a child'
- Alabama Teen Charged With Murdering His Mother and 13-Year-Old Twin Brothers
- Father of 14-year-old girl who killed herself after watching self-harm videos online backs campaign to make social media giants hand over their data to mental health researchers
- 11-year-old boy falls from 3rd floor, dies
- Boy in Mexico school shooting used grandfather’s guns
13-Year-old Boy Shoots and Kills School Bully in Central Thailand have 655 words, post on www.chiangraitimes.com at December 18, 2019. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.