Designer Virgil Abloh has turned ironic quotation marks into a signature design move at his brand Off-White. You can also see them in his redesigned Nike icons, which feature “Foam” and “Air” printed right on the outer sole, or in his design for Hailey Bieber’s wedding dress, which featured “TILL DEATH DO US PART” on its lace train. latest collection with the Swedish furniture giant, he’s rebranded the iconic Ikea logo itself, placing yellow quotation marks around the block sign on at least one U.K. Ikea store. Ikea is now “Ikea”—the world’s largest furniture company, for a moment, belongs to him. Of course, you’ll also find quotes in his Ikea collection itself, which features a “Wet-Grass” rug and a tote bag that reads “Sculpture.” To celebrate our new collab with one of fashion’s hottest designers we’ve given our Wembley store a little “makeover”. Collection on sale 01.11.19. Ticket holders only. More info at https://t.co/zrV7LGENd5 pic.twitter.com/PfqDRwD8MT — IKEA UK (@IKEAUK) November 1, 2019 Abloh’s use of quotes are a well-established motif at this point, but they continue to fulfill many of his goals as an artist. Quotation marks allow him a means to alter a design as minimally as possible, but still make… Read full this story
- Formula One Has A New Logo And It's Boring
- Toni Morrison: 'Men Thought That Women Just Gave Birth By Magic'
- Yahoo's new logo sports dancing exclamation point
- F1's New Logo Is Under Fire Because It Sort Of Looks Like A Logo For Really Tight Socks
- Yahoo introduces its new logo
- Google's new logo is fit for the Internet of Things
- Google's new logo: What it really means
- Mozilla's new logo reminds us that it is, in fact, a web firm
- Popular Android ROM CyanogenMod slips into new logo
- MySpace's new logo draws a blank
Virgil Abloh just gave Ikea a new logo have 317 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.