New Delhi: The blanket of haze over Delhi thickened on Friday morning with the national capital’s pollution levels increasing overnight by around 50 points, taking the overall air quality index to 459. A number of people gave a miss to morning walks and sports activities and preferred to stay indoors. Shubhomoy Sikdar, a Delhi-based journalist, said the pollution levels gave him a throat infection and he had to skip his daily sports session. Amanpreet Singh, a resident of Jangpura, said he has been avoiding morning and evening walks and preferring to stay indoors. The number of masked faces continued to grow as the city remained shrouded in pungent haze for the fourth consecutive day. At 8.30 am, the capital’s overall air quality index stood at 459. It was 410 at 8 pm on Thursday. All the 37 air quality monitoring stations across Delhi recorded the air quality in the severe category on Friday morning. Bawana was the most-polluted area with an AQI of 497, followed by Delhi Technological University (487), Wazirpur (485), Anand Vihar (484) and Vivek Vihar (482). Neighbouring Ghaziabad was the most-polluted city in the country, with the levels of PM2.5 — tiny particulate matter less than 2.5… Read full this story
- Manesar more polluted than Gurugram city: AQI data
- Delhi air pollution: This app converts AQI readings into number of cigarettes smoked
- Delhi air quality improves, pollution level drops from 'severe' to 'poor'
- How did pollution levels in your city fare on Deepavali day?
- Sri Lanka issues alert on unusual pollution levels
- Pollution levels dipped since mining closure in Goa: Data
- Spike in air pollution levels in southern, eastern India
- 4 of 38 Delhi stations breach 500 mark on AQI scale
- Delhi Breathes Easy as Winds Push Out Pollutants, City Starts Recovering from Air-pollution Emergency
- Delhi air pollution, a question of life and death of crores of people: SC
Pollution levels spike overnight, AQI 459 have 302 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.