Singer-actor Nick Jonas says he is working on something extra special to mark his first wedding anniversary with actor Priyanka Chopra. The couple got married in India in December last year. Priyanka and Nick had three-day wedding festivities at Jodhpur’s royal Umaid Bhawan Palace, where they exchanged wedding vows as per both Christian and Hindu rituals in two separate ceremonies.
“Well, I don’t wanna say what we’re doing to celebrate because it’s a surprise for her, and she might be watching. And if she is, then I wouldn’t want the surprise to be spoiled,” Entertainment Online.com quoted Nick as saying.
“We will be taking a few days away from the tour to have some time. It’s been a crazy year. It’s flown by, it’s hard to believe it. John Varvatos was at our wedding, so he was there to be with us and it was a great couple days celebration. This year’s been, for she and I both, probably the craziest of our lives, but kind of nice to have that centering grounding feeling with each other,” he added.
Nick said that it didn’t take long to adjust to married life. “I think we settled into our roles as husband and wife fairly quickly. A lot of our friends always said that it seemed like we were supposed to be together, so it feels natural. There are natural adjustments when your life is becoming one together, but it’s been a beautiful year. Hopefully next year we have a bit more time to be in the same place, but being busy is not bad either,” he shared.
Nick and Priyanka don’t have a rule of how long they will go without seeing each other, but he said that communication is key in their successful relationship.
“The good news is that we both really enjoy talking to each other, which I think is probably pretty important if you married somebody. There aren’t as many rules for, like, how long we can go and things like that. I think we just — we’d always just do the best we can and understand first and foremost we love what we do as well and support each other as well,” he said.
Nick continued: “She’s (in India) making a movie that’s gonna be amazing. It’s a great thing to have a creative partner who totally understands your schedule as well and we’re both very supportive in that sense.”
Priyanka is in Delhi shooting for Netflix’s The White Tiger. Adapted from Aravind Adiga’s prize-winning novel of the same name, the film is being helmed by Ramin Bahrani. It follows the extraordinary journey of a self-made man from being a tea-shop worker in a village to a successful entrepreneur in a big city.
Nick’s film Midway was released on Friday. Directed by Roland Emmerich, the film stars multiple Hollywood A-listers and is based on the battle of Midway during the Second World War.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas Celebrate 2nd Anniversary Of Their First Date With Adorable Pictures
- Revisit Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra's Whirlwind Romance 2 Years After Their First Date
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas mark 2nd anniversary of first date with cute pics: ‘Love you jaan’
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas celebrate two years since they started dating with some candid throwbacks: 'Best two years of my life'
- Blazer and pajamas? Priyanka Chopra’s Zoom meeting look takes ‘business casual’ literally
- Priyanka Chopra Makes A Cute Appearance In Nick Jonas' New Single 'Until We Meet Again'
- Priyanka Chopra explains Bollywood playback singing to US audiences via her song Tinka Tinka: ‘Most thought it was me’
- Priyanka Chopra on being 10 years older than Nick Jonas: ‘When the guy is older no one cares, people actually like it’
- Priyanka Chopra posts birthday message for manager, ‘We dream big together over cocktails and make those dreams come true’. See pics
- Priyanka Chopra suits up for work from home, ditches stilettos for bathroom slippers. See pics
- Priyanka Chopra honours army officer parents with throwback pic, Parineeti Chopra call it their ‘best photo’
- Salman Khan says Priyanka Chopra quit Bharat to get married knowing it might make him angry, which is a ‘gutsy thing to do’
- From Priyanka Chopra To Sonam Kapoor, The Celebrities Who Made Floating Eyeliner The Biggest Trend
- Watch Nick Jonas Perform Solo Quarantine Anthem 'Until We Meet Again' During 'The Voice' Finale
- Kevin Jonas Gifts 210 Diamond-Encrusted Ring
- The Voice: Todd Tilghman wins season 18 in show's first-ever live remote finale due to coronavirus
- Dhanush, brother Selvaraghavan to work together after eight years
- Eurozone crisis live: Euro hits two-year low as France reels from Peugeot job cuts
- Eurozone crisis live: Italian government blasts Moody's over downgrade
- Steven Sinofsky lived Microsoft history. Now he’s writing it
Nick Jonas is planning first anniversary surprise for Priyanka Chopra: ‘This year’s been probably the craziest of our lives’ have 832 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at November 8, 2019. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.