Miranda Lambert was known in the past for songs about heartbreak and revenge, but the country singer has been all smiles lately with a new album that reflects where she is in her life now.
In a recent Health magazine interview, Lambert candidly opened up about her past year, which included tying the knot with Brendan McLoughlin, an NYPD officer, in January and even overcoming the challenges she’s had with her weight.
“I’ve struggled with ups and downs in weight,” Lambert said. “I’ve hit a comfortable place.”
Getting there wasn’t always easy for the 36-year-old, who divorced fellow country star Blake Shelton four years ago. The separation was very public for Lambert, who shared that it took a toll on her.
“When everyone’s worried about your personal life, it makes you feel like, ‘Well, if you could just spend some of that time talking about my actual art, that would be great!’ But I guess I asked for it, getting into this business,” she said. “I’m never gonna get used to the public eye in that way.”
Although she’s experienced some bumps in the road in the past, there’s been a shift for Lambert. She talked about a fan who was inspired by her and ended up inspiring Lambert right back.
“I had a girl come up to me. She was probably my size and age, and she said, ‘I want you to know I threw my scale away because of you, because you’re so confident. I realized my weight is not in a scale; it’s in how I feel about myself,'” said Lambert. “That gave me the confidence to be like, ‘Whatever state you’re in, you’ve gotta rock it.'”
Now, the country singer has taken steps toward self-care and included dieting and fitness into her routine.
“I’ve been on every diet. Every time I did low-carb, I would gain [the weight] back so quickly,” she said. But the singer says she still indulges in cheeseburgers and beers every now and then.
This whole year has been a whirlwind for Lambert and she’s taking it all in stride.
After spending eight months off to get married and enjoy life, her new album, “Wildcard,” is the complete antithesis to her previous one.
“I’m definitely celebrating joy a lot more than I have before. I’ve had a pretty amazing journey,” she said.
- Cassie details ‘depressing’ and 'discouraging' post-baby weight loss journey after 60-pound pregnancy gain
- Man began 220-pound weight loss journey by only eating 1 type of unseasoned vegetable
- Monday Motivation: Rebel Wilson inspires her fans to work out at home with her own weight loss journey
- Lockdown weight loss story: "I lost 25 kilos during the last 7 months with the help of a disciplined lifestyle!"
- Weight loss story: I lost 51 kilos by having ‘ghar ka khana’ and NO rigorous workout!
- What Is The Shibboleth Diet? Does It Actually Work For Weight Loss?
- Want to shape up and banish the bloat before the new season? How a NEW weight loss product could be the game changer you’re looking for (plus real women share their slimming success stories!)
- Kelly Osbourne admits she underwent secret gastric sleeve surgery two years ago to achieve 85lb weight loss: 'It's the best thing I have ever done'
- Kelly Osbourne showcases slimmed down figure in black blouse and blue jeans after revealing 85lb weight loss
- Kelly Osbourne flashes taut midriff while grabbing lunch with a male friend...after achieving 85lb weight loss via secret gastric sleeve surgery almost two years ago
- Adele reveals the book that stopped her from being ‘stressed and dishevelled’ after seven stone weight loss
- 'I won't ever look at things in the same light': Miranda Lambert says Blake Shelton divorce means she can no longer 'take pain for granted'
Miranda Lambert reflects on past year, her weight loss journey have 749 words, post on abcnews.go.com at November 12, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.