NEW YORK (Reuters) – Two correctional officers accused of covering up their failure to check on financier Jeffrey Epstein before he hanged himself will face an April 20 trial date. Michael Thomas, Tova Noel and lawyer Jason Foy in court as Thomas and Noel appear on charges they falsely certified to having conducted inmate counts during Jeffrey Epstein’s final hours at the Federal Court in New York City, New York, U.S., November 25, 2019 in this courtroom sketch. REUTERS/Jane Rosenberg U.S. District Judge Analisa Torres scheduled the trial for Tova Noel and Michael Thomas at a hearing in Manhattan federal court on Monday. Both defendants have pleaded not guilty. Epstein’s suicide on Aug. 10, at age 66, came a little over a month after the well-connected money manager was arrested and charged with trafficking dozens of underage girls as young as 14 from at least 2002 to 2005. He had pleaded not guilty. Prosecutors say that Noel and Thomas, the only correctional officers on duty in Epstein’s unit the night before he was found dead, failed to carry out checks on Epstein and falsely recorded that they had. Epstein had been taken off suicide watch shortly before his death. Thomas’s… Read full this story
- Texting Suicide Trial: Will Guilty Verdict in Michelle Carter Case Change Laws For Good?
- Who Is Michelle Carter? Verdict Reached in Texting Suicide Trial Involving Death of Conrad Roy III
- Trial date set for woman in false abduction case
- Judge denies Michael Avenatti's request to toss out charges in Nike trial as he's accused of attempting to extort $25million from the apparel giant
- Oakland High guard charged in abuse of student in wheelchair
- KNOWLES: The Epstein ‘Suicide’ Claim Is Getting Really Hard To Believe
- Democrats to vote on sending impeachment charges as Trump trial edges closer
- Former Nazi guard charged in France with Oradour massacre
- Rikers Island guards charged with taking thousands of dollars in bribes to smuggle in drugs
- Former CT Prison Guard Charged With Workers' Comp Fraud
Guards charged over Epstein's suicide get trial date have 335 words, post on www.reuters.com at November 25, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.