The national capital witnessed a dip in pollution levels in the morning of November 16 even as the air quality in the city remained in the “severe” category.
The air quality index (AQI) in Delhi at 8.40 am stood at 412 against an AQI of 467 at 10 am on November 15. The AQI in Faridabad was 427, Ghaziabad 424, Greater Noida 377, Noida 411 and Gurgaon 420.
An AQI between 201 and 300 is considered ‘poor’, 301-400 ‘very poor’ and 401-500 ‘severe’.
The national capital recorded a minimum temperature of 16.1 degrees Celsius while humidity was 82%.
The weatherman has forecast mainly clear skies for the day with the maximum temperature likely to hover around 28 degrees Celsius. There is also a possibility of strong surface winds.
Delhi was blanketed by a thick smog for four consecutive days till November 15 as unfavourable weather hampered dispersion of pollutants.
On November 15, the air quality index in the stood at 463 at 4 pm, with Dwarka Sector 8 being the most-polluted area with an AQI of 495. Most of the air quality monitoring stations recorded an AQI above 450.Get access to India’s fastest growing financial subscriptions service Moneycontrol Pro for as little as Rs 599 for first year. Use the code “GETPRO”. Moneycontrol Pro offers you all the information you need for wealth creation including actionable investment ideas, independent research and insights & analysis For more information, check out the Moneycontrol website or mobile app.
- North America Air Quality Monitoring Market to Reach $2,628.5 Million by 2024: P&S Intelligence
- California Wildfire Smoke: Map, Health Concerns With Air Quality Levels
- Air Quality and Athletes: How Inversion Affects Training
- San Francisco Wildfire Smoke Forecast: Public Schools Closing, Air Quality Poor
- Camp Fire smoke: Air quality still ‘very unhealthy’ in many Bay Area cities
- Wind, rain from first storm of season to bring air quality relief to Bay Area
- Rain, winds brings air quality relief to Bay Area
- Poor air quality from Camp Fire will affect Bay Area at least through Monday
- Air quality in South Bay worsens, “unhealthy” levels throughout Bay Area
- California Fires Air Quality Map: Pollution Update Shows Affected Areas as Smoke Blocks Out Sun