Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam secured their first victory at the World Cup 2022’s second qualifying round in the match against Malaysia at the My Dinh National Stadium in Hanoi on October 10. The game started off with a balance as the two sides launched consecutive attacks against each other. At the 28th minute, Nguyen Quang Hai put the ball in the back of the net but it was ruled out for offside. However, he opened the score for Vietnam from a pass of captain Que Ngoc Hai just five minutes before the first half’s official time. It is Vietnam’s first goal in the qualifiers. In the second half, Vietnam showed their unyielding spirits as Malaysia strengthened their offence with a slightly higher possession of 52 percent. The home team successfully maintained the score until the end of the match, thereby gaining total four points in Group G. They will play Indonesia in an away match five days later. Vietnam have been drawn in the same group of World Cup qualifiers with regional rivals Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia, as well as the favourites United Arab Emirates (UAE). Earlier, Vietnam had a goalless match with Thailand in a frenetic match in… Read full this story
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins World Cup super-G season crown
- Olympics will oppose blanket bans for Russians but Wada process could see country miss World Cup 2022
- ICC World Cup 2019: Would be disappointed if India don't win World Cup: Azhar
- 2022 World Cup Asian qualifier results
- 'Naughty Arabs': World Cup 2022 Venue Dubbed 'Vagina Stadium' Causes Furor on SM
- Dressen wins World Cup downhill in comeback race from injury
- Alcohol set to be subsidised and more available at 2022 World Cup in Qatar
- Michel Platini calls for new vote on Qatar World Cup if claims are proved
- World Cup: Belgium striker Michy Batshuayi's celebration kick blows up in his face
- Chris Robshaw interview: 'I want England to go to the World Cup and redeem what happened in 2015'
Vietnam score first win at World Cup 2022 qualifiers have 329 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.