President Donald Trump criticized the Kurdish allies he’s been accused of abandoning, shrugged off the prospect of ISIS terrorists going free, referred to the Ukraine whistleblower’s source as a “spy,” and mocked two NBA coaches during a wide-ranging back and forth with reporters at the White House on Wednesday. Trump spoke at an event in the Roosevelt Room, where he was touting two executive orders involving deregulation, and questioning quickly turned to impeachment as well as his decision to pave the way for Turkey’s military actions in Syria. Here are some the most notable moments from the press conference. 1. He said Kurds “didn’t help us with Normandy” While lawmakers on both sides of the aisle have blasted Trump for pulling back U.S. forcesand allowing the Turkish military to attack the U.S.-allied Kurdish fighters, Trump suggested the Kurds had only been looking out for their own interests. “They didn’t help us in the Second World War, they didn’t help us with Normandy,” Trump said, adding they were only interested in “fighting for their land.” “In addition to that, we have spent tremendous amounts of money on helping the Kurds in terms of ammunition, in terms of weapons, in terms of… Read full this story
- Robert De Niro Rips ‘Lowlife-in-Chief’ Trump, Praises Press as ‘Saviors’ at Tribeca Film Festival
- AMD flashes new Radeon RX 470, RX 460 card details at press event
- HTC might be unveiling a monster WP7 phone at its press event in London next week
- Apple announces March 21 press event
- AMD's Vega likely to make an appearance at upcoming Computex press event
- Sony to hold a press event of their own on the 3rd of September
- Conor McGregor is in police custody and reportedly expected to be charged with assault after bizarre attack at UFC press event
- Microsoft unveils Surface Laptop, lightweight OS at education-themed press event
- LG announces May 27 press event, LG G3 comes to mind
- T-Mobile promises "bold moves" at July 10th press event: UNcarrier Phase 2?
The 9 wildest moments from Trump's Wednesday press event have 339 words, post on www.euronews.com at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.