VANCOUVER – Multiple health and safety violations occurred at the Vancouver Deadpool 2 film set where a stunt performer died two years ago, WorkSafe BC has found. Joi Harris, a professional motorcycle racer, was attempting a stunt at Jack Poole Plaza on Aug. 14, 2017, when something went horribly wrong. She somehow lost control of the bike, drove off set and crashed through a window across the street. Harris was an accomplished motorcycle racer from Brooklyn, New York, and billed herself as the first African American woman to ride in sanctioned road races. Deadpool 2 was her first film as a stunt performer, according to movie industry websites. WorkSafe BC released its incident investigation report into her death Wednesday. It found the production company, TCF Vancouver Productions Ltd., failed in several ways to ensure Harris’ safety. TCF should have put up barriers to prevent Harris from leaving the perimeter of the film set, WorkSafeBC said. Further, Harris’ employer should have made sure she was wearing a helmet. The production company also didn’t conduct a risk assessment looking at safety controls, motorcycle speed and equipment limitations, nor did it complete documentation such as a stunt safety inspection checklist, according to WorkSafe… Read full this story
- How a girl from Kent’s ‘casting couch’ texts destroyed giant of Hollywood from Harry Potter production company
- Stunt motorbikes stolen from circus
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by The Boeing Company: Trump-Kim summit drama — Labour’s second coming — Derby day redux
- In pictures: when popular Sheffield theatre companies joined forces
- Turkish defense industry to ink over 10 deals at leading Asia-Pacific fair
- Matters of life and death
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by The Boeing Company: Colman’s mustard — Desert/Ireland discs — The hustler
- Why is Rudolf Nureyev so popular worldwide even 26 years after his death?
- Killing Eve stars Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh up for Best Actress gongs as show bags 14 nominations — after bosses bend rules
- Huawei sues US government over 'unconstitutional' ban on its products
Production company broke rules leading up to Deadpool 2 stunt performer death have 317 words, post on bc.ctvnews.ca at October 2, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.