Greenville, S.C. – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi described the ongoing impeachment inquiry of President Donald Trump as “a very sad time for our country” while speaking to hundreds in South Carolina on Friday. The Democratic Party fundraising event in downtown Greenville drew several hundred protesters outside the Hyatt Regency hotel where Pelosi spoke. Here are a few key takeaways from her speech: Pelosi talked about impeachment Pelosi’s visit to South Carolina came as House Democrats lead an impeachment inquiry into Trump after an anonymous whistleblower filed a complaint that alleged Trump solicited the president of Ukraine to go after his Democratic rival Joe Biden. “Not any of us came to Congress to impeach a president,” Pelosi said. “This is a very sad time for our country. This is a very somber time for our country.” Pelosi talked about how news of Trump’s phone call with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky came on the anniversary the U.S. Constitution was signed. “September 17 of this year, that very day, was the day that this explosion occurred and we found out about the telephone conversation, which is completely in defiance of the Constitution of the United States,” she said. Pompeo: Pompeo misses subpoena deadline for Ukraine… Read full this story
- Cook shifts South Carolina Senate race toward Lindsey Graham opponent
- Democrat flips GOP-held state House seat in South Carolina
- Man accused of firing shots at South Carolina Trump backers
- South Carolina's Haley, Scott take spotlight at RNC
- South Carolina’s Haley, Scott take spotlight at RNC
- Trump Holds Lead Over Biden in South Carolina, Kentucky and Alabama: Poll
- Female rapper running to be the first black mayor of South Carolina town is arrested after 'staging her own kidnapping and beating' and broadcasting it live on Facebook to 'gain sympathy votes'
- South Carolina shooting video inflames debate
- U. of South Carolina considers removing Thurmond’s name
- Viola Davis celebrates her humble beginnings as she turns 55 with snap of South Carolina plantation birthplace
Pelosi tells South Carolina Democrats Trump impeachment probe 'a very sad time for our country' have 332 words, post on news.yahoo.com at October 5, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.