Negros stakeholders oppose sugar import liberalizationhome / News / Regions / Negros stakeholders oppose sugar import liberalizationBACOLOD CITY: Sugar planters, farmers, agrarian reform beneficiaries and sugar workers under Tatak Kalamay have reiterated their opposition to a proposed sugar import liberalization. They also urged President Rodrigo Duterte to listen to their concerns and drop the proposal. “The sugar industry is under siege again and we condemn in the strongest terms what we preceived as a sell-off of Philippine agriculture in general,” the group, in a news conference on Sunday, said.It further urge local government units to show support by passing resolutions in their respective areas opposing the sugar import liberalization because of its detrimental effect on the sugar industry. ”Notwithstanding what has been happening to our rice industry, the crisis we have in the livestock and other agricultural sectors, the economic managers have once again set their eyes on our industry with their proposed liberalization of sugar importation,” Tatak Kalamay said.“We believe that this move is being influenced by industrial users who cannot control their corporate greed,” it added. Tatak Kalamay expressed their appreciation to Senators Juan Miguel Zubiri and Cynthia Villar, who both heeded their plea to intervene in the… Read full this story
- Marlette: As true conservative, Gaetz should cut Big Sugar
- ‘Blackball’, the history of Negro Leagues baseball captured on canvas, is on display at Harlem art gallery
- Salvage operation at Domino Sugar factory tops $10M as developers look to rescue industrial artifacts
- Tennessee State president: I do not oppose FOCUS Act
- Ricky L. Jones: Police union chief, councilwoman trying to keep 'uppity Negro in his place'
- Denounced by liberals, Kochs defend corporate brand
- Backers make push for second Atlanta airport; Delta opposed
- D.M., C.R. leaders join group opposed to water suit
- What killed Senate health care bill? Liberal Medicaid alarmism
- Negron to sugar: Sell land to reduce Lake O discharges or state will force sale
Negros stakeholders oppose sugar import liberalization have 323 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.