Editor’s Note: This edition of Morning Money is published weekdays at 8 a.m. POLITICO Pro Financial Services subscribers hold exclusive early access to the newsletter each morning at 5:15 a.m. Learn more about POLITICO Pro’s comprehensive policy intelligence coverage, policy tools and services at politicopro.com. Frustration in Biden-land — Of all the debate moments Tuesday night, one that really annoyed Joe Biden insiders was Elizabeth Warren refusing to give the former VP any credit for the creation of the CFPB. Warren instead offered all the credit to Obama. But Biden insiders contend that he argued strongly inside the White House for a robust CFPB. Both former Obama CEA Chair Austan Goolsbee and former top Biden economist Jared Bernstein tweeted about Biden’s direct involvement in pushing the CFPB. Expect more on this front. He might not have been on the floor twisting arms, but people close to the debate say he was instrumental in meetings and working the phones. Story Continued Below The problem with Trump’s economic argument — President Trump tweeted on Wednesday that “Our record Economy would CRASH, just like in 1929, if any of those clowns became President!” There are a couple of major problems with this argument… Read full this story
- What Hunter Biden Did Was Legal — And That’s the Problem
- Opinion: Joe Biden is a hypocrite on Ukraine
- 6 facts about Hunter Biden’s business dealings in China
- On climate change, Biden has a record and a plan. Young activists want more
- Joe Biden attacked Trump's 'weakness' after the president launched his most brutal attack yet on the Democrat and his son Hunter
- On Climate Change, Biden Has a Record and a Plan. Young Activists Want More.
- Thiessen: Joe Biden is a hypocrite on Ukraine
- Land Trust lessees express frustration over null-and-void status
- England frustrated as dogged Sri Lankan tail build first innings lead
- Court hears developer John Ronan in legal claim over €35m Cabinteely land sale
Frustration in Biden-land have 317 words, post on www.politico.com at October 17, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.