HEALTH Secretary Francisco Duque 3rd signed on Thursday the Implementing Rules and Regulations of the Universal Health Care Law or Republic Act 11223. Enacted into law last February 20, the IRR will pave way for the implementation of the UHC law, which provides health care for every Filipino. All Filipinos will be automatic members of the Philippine Health Insurance Corp. (PhilHealth) and will be eligible to avail of the “No Balance Billings” once admitted to basic or ward accomodations in hospitals. “With UHC, the delivery of optimum and quality health services will be achieved through capacity-building of human resources for health and improved access to medicines and commodities by way of transparent pricing,” Duque said.Present in the signing were co-authors of the UHC law Senator Risa Hontiveros, Rep. Angelina Tan, PhilHealth President General Ricardo Morales, and Undersecretary Mario Villaverde, chairman of the UHC IRR sub-task force.
- Universal health care is not inconceivable
- How the Health Care Bill Could Affect You If You Get Health Insurance Through Work
- White House Confirms It's Ending Cost-sharing Subsidies That Help Millions of People Afford Health Care
- PSA: Sign Up for Health Insurance Now
- The Most Important Things They Don’t Want You to Know About the Health Care Bill
- How to Sign Up for Health Insurance If Your Credit Is Frozen
- Here’s How Many iPhones You’ll Need to Not Buy in Order to Afford Health Care
- Health care groups to use blockchain to improve provider data
- Apple Watch not wowing health care industry, yet
- Why the Congressional Budget Office's Rating of the Health Care Bill Is So Crucial
Duque signs IRR for Universal Health Care Law have 268 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at October 9, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.