WASHINGTON (AP) — House Democrats are marching forward with their impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, with more depositions coming this week.Democrats are moving quickly to interview key witnesses and lock down information as they explore the question of whether the president compromised national security or abused his office by seeking dirt on a political rival from a foreign country. The probe was sparked by a whistleblower who revealed that Trump asked Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter — potentially in exchange for military aid money. Trump, who has defended his conduct as “perfect,” publicly called on China last week to investigate the Bidens, too. Calls to investigate the Bidens have come without evidence of wrongdoing by either Biden in either country.Trump’s lawyer, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, says the calls for investigations are perfectly kosher, telling Fox News that the “president of the United States has every right to ask countries to help us in a criminal investigation that should be undertaken.”Meanwhile, the administration is continuing to offer mixed signals as it struggles to respond to the barrage and as the president lashes out by tweet.Staff and lawmakers from… Read full this story
- How to watch Two Weeks To Live online from anywhere
- The Show To Watch This Week: ‘Snowpiercer’, ‘The Great’, ‘Hightown’ & ‘DC’s Stargirl’ Reviewed
- Jerry Nadler invites Trump and his lawyers to take part in first FORMAL impeachment hearing on December 4 but warns president he doesn't have the 'right' to participate
- Democrats Fear ‘Circus Atmosphere’ Will Wreck Solemn Impeachment Hearings
- Ohio lawmaker pushing impeachment accused of campaign fraud
- National Nutrition Week 2020: Different diets and how they facilitate your nutritional intake
- 2020 BMW Championship: live stream PGA golf and watch the FedExCup Playoffs anywhere
- Go, see Granny NOW! Vulnerable people could be told next week they will be confined to their homes as UK ramps up response to coronavirus outbreak after cases hit 164
- Inside Harry Maguire's £29k-a-week Mykonos villa: Luxury eight-bed waterfront property where Man U captain stayed before Greek cop assault is revealed as more pictures emerge of his boozy holiday
- Placer County Is No Longer On The State’s Watch List, Why Are Businesses Not Reopening?
Depositions and more: What to watch on impeachment this week have 378 words, post on gazette.com at October 6, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.