LONDON — A climate change activist has climbed atop a British Airways plane at London City Airport as demonstrations aiming to alert the world to the dangers of climate change enter a fourth day. Extinction Rebellion identified the activist as a former Paralympic cyclist. A video streamed by the group showed the activist clinging to the fuselage. British Airways says that customers were booked onto alternative flights to Amsterdam. In a separate incident, BBC Newsnight political editor Nicholas Watt tweeted that his flight from London to Dublin had been grounded after a protester stood up to deliver a lecture on climate change just as it was to take off.Activists sought to shut down London City Airport on Thursday as part of their wave of protests worldwide.___Read more stories on climate change by The Associated Press at https://www.apnews.com/Climate Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters. Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.
- Laura Dern, Rainn Wilson Promote Virtual Rally to Fight Climate Change
- Jane Fonda Demands Coronavirus Recovery Money Be Used to Fight Climate Change
- Climate Change and the End of Australia
- Hurricane Dorian's sharpie-pen path, calling climate change a Chinese hoax and cancer-causing windmills: Trump's disinfectant shambles is not his first head-on collision with mainstream science
- Iceberg the size of London breaks off Antarctica – and it’s NOT due to climate change
- Link coronavirus help for airlines to climate change pledges, say campaigners
- 'Common glue may help fight climate change'
- GOP Senators: Climate-Change Education Program Is Propaganda, Not Science
- Jane Goodall calls Trump's climate change agenda 'immensely depressing'
- Climate change could slow down hurricanes by two miles per hour, resulting in areas being hit longer with strong winds and heavy rains, experts warn
Climate change activist climbs on BA plane in London have 333 words, post on www.daytondailynews.com at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.