ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Alaska Airlines and American Airlines will scale back their mileage plan partnership early next year, officials said. Alaska Airlines mileage plan members will not be able to earn miles on American Airlines international flights beginning March 1, The Alaska Journal of Commerce reported Wednesday. Alaska Airlines passengers will also no longer be able to use miles for award travel on flights operated by Texas-based American Airlines, company officials said. Alaska plan holders will still be able to earn mile-for-mile value on American flights with Alaska flight numbers to locations in the Midwest, the East Coast and parts of Canada, the airlines said Prior to the Oct. 2 announcement, American Airlines was Alaska’s last domestic mileage plan partner, meaning Alaska plan members will not have another major carrier on which to use miles. Alaska now serves about 90% of the destinations connected with the American Airlines partnership, and the arrangement no longer benefits either airline the way it did before Alaska purchased its West Coast rival Virgin America in 2016, Alaska Airlines said. “With our acquisition of Virgin America, we’re now the fifth-largest airline in the United States and can now fly more people where they want to… Read full this story
- Ten million Americans are now jobless amid coronavirus pandemic after record 6.6million new unemployment claims are filed in one week - after 3.3million last week
- Singapore Airlines to raise S$5.3 bn in equity, up to S$9.7 bn via bonds
- Alaska Airlines cuts spring flight schedules by 70 percent
- 'American Horror Story: Apocalypse' "The Morning After" Ends With a Big Twist
- U.S. airlines must suggest possible compensation for cash grants: Treasury
- Singapore Airlines latest to get massive rescue amid coronavirus crisis
- U.S. Airline Passenger Traffic Falls 94% in One Month
- Singapore Airlines secures $13 bln to survive coronavirus and grow after
- Robert Glasper on Remixing Miles Davis, How Jazz Invented ‘Swagger’
- What will happen to airline elite status this year?
Alaska Airlines and American Airlines end miles partnership have 323 words, post on www.ctvnews.ca at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.