Vin Diesel was nowhere in sight, but fans could still be forgiven for thinking otherwise as filming commenced on the ninth instalment in the Fast & Furious franchise on Monday.
The bald-headed actor’s stunt double was seen taking a break between scenes while shooting on location in Edinburgh, and he was a perfect match for Diesel – who was nowhere in sight.
With the Scottish capital’s Melville Street providing the urban backdrop, Diesel’s stunt driver and accompanying second unit prepared to film another high octane chase sequence.
Let’s do this: Vin Diesel’s stunt double wore motion sensor spots on his face while preparing to shoot scenes for fast & Furious 9 in Edinburgh on Monday
In keeping with the demands of their latest scene, the double wore motion capture spots across his face – a common practice generally used to keep track of movement in high-tempo scenes so CGI rendered images can look as life-like as possible.
Sporting a plain white top, he sat behind the wheel of a black sports car as it idled on the kerb, before pulling away as cameras tracked its progress.
A motorcyclist was also spotted driving little more than three feet behind the vehicle, which was being driven at a moderate speed.
Seeing double: The bald-headed actor’s stunt double was seen taking a break between scenes while shooting on location in Edinburgh, and he was a perfect match for Diesel – who was nowhere in sight
Here we go: Sporting a plain white top, he sat behind the wheel of a black sports car as it idled on the kerb, before pulling away as cameras tracked its progress
The film – set for release in May 2020 – is expected to also feature Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Dame Helen Mirren and Charlize Theron.
Earlier this year it was revealed wrestler-turned-actor John Cena officially joined the cast, and while there’s no word on his character, a Universal press release called him ‘a bada**.’
The WWE star may fill a void left by series recruit Dwayne Johnson, who first appeared in 2011’s Fast Five and became a major component of the series.
Ready: With the Scottish capital’s Melville Street providing the urban backdrop, Diesel’s stunt driver and accompanying second unit prepared to film another high octane chase sequence
In pursuit: A motorcyclist was also spotted driving little more than three feet behind the vehicle, which was being driven at a moderate speed
Diesel’s former stunt double Joe Watts was placed in an induced coma after plunging 30ft onto his head on the set of the film back in July.
Sources told MailOnline the stunt performer, 31, was injured on the film set at the Warner Bros Studios in Leavesden, Hertfordshire.
Vin was said to be ‘choking back tears’ after witnessing the worker fall on his head as he performed a stunt in the movie star’s place.
Filming on the ninth installment of the franchise was halted after a safety cable reportedly snapped as he jumped off a balcony on set and hit the ground.
Joe is a British stuntman who has worked on a series of Hollywood blockbusters, including Kingsman Golden Circle, Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Spider Man: Far From Home.
Quiet on set: A second unit was seen as filming got underway on Monday morning
Dominic’s back! Vin has been busy filming the latest Fast & Furious film on location in Scotland
- The Matrix 4 stunt doubles fearlessly leap off a SKYSCRAPER as they perform death-defying feats over the skies of San Francisco
- Ark 2 revealed with preposterous Vin-Diesel-starring trailer
- Javicia Leslie On Becoming Batwoman: ‘I Just Cannot Believe The Journey That I’m Getting Ready To Take’
- Brad Pitt is getting ripped for his next action flick 'Bullet Train'
- Fast and Furious 8 Video Shows Off Craziest Car Stunt Yet
- The secrets behind Tom Cruise's craziest Mission Impossible - Fallout stunts
- Australian Open: Quarantined tennis players are getting creative in their hotel rooms
- Liz Peek: Here's why Joe Biden could get very lucky in his first 100 days as president
- New transport minister promises to 'get moving quickly' to cut emissions
- Avengers 2 Interview with Stunt Coordinator Greg Powell | EXCLUSIVE
- James Bond movies from Connery to Craig: Get started with 007
- Crazy Samurai Has an Epic 77-Minute Single-Take Martial Arts Action Scene
- Lawmakers call for action after 'devastating' nation state cyberattack on federal government
- Race to get out of UK for Christmas: Huge queues at British airports with 200 flights cancelled as Spain, Russia and India join list of FORTY nations to slam door on UK - while Ireland lays on planes to get citizens home
- Kamala Ready to Blast Pence for COVID Response
- FA Cup third round: 10 talking points from the weekend's action
- Iran Can’t Get Its Story Straight on Assassination of Top Nuclear Scientist
- Boris Johnson will hold No10 press conference at 5pm today as up to 70 furious Tories demand 'road map' for lifting lockdown from March - amid fears he is ready to keep Covid restrictions in place until the SUMMER
- Very cool, Prime Minister! Boris Johnson hides in a FRIDGE to avoid GMB interview after Piers Morgan ambushes him during milk round stunt - as media minder says 'for f**** sake' LIVE on air
- Donald Trump's impeachment trial is set to begin February 9 after Joe Biden backs DELAYING it saying 'the more time we have to get up and running the better'
Vin Diesel's stunt double gets ready for action have 936 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 23, 2019. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.