Among the prizes, the country has received nominations in the World’s Leading Destination, Culinary Destination, and Cultural Destination categories. In addition to these, Hanoi and Hoi An have also been chosen to compete for the titles of World’s Leading City Destination and World’s Leading Cultural City Destination, respectively. Furthermore, the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism is also in contention for the World’s Leading Tourist Board. The award ceremony for the Asian region is about to be held on the Vietnamese island of Phu Quoc, located in the Mekong Delta province of Kien Giang, on October 12. Following the Asian version, the global event is set to get underway in Muscat, Oman, in November. To mark the start of the process, the voting portal on the website of the World Travel Awards’ organising board has opened for all. For those wishing to take part in the vote, please visit https://www.worldtravelawards.com/vote. In recent years, Vietnam has enjoyed rapid rates of tourism development. During the 2015-2018 period, the number of international tourist arrivals doubled from 7.9 to 15.5 million, an annual increase of 25 per cent. According to the World Tourism Organisation, this figure represents one of the highest growth rates worldwide. Since… Read full this story
- Oprah Winfrey, James Earl Jones to receive honorary Oscars at Governors Awards in November
- NBC gets sour note as World Music Awards with Miley Cyrus and Mariah Carey miss air date
- Cooking apps gain credibility as new category at world cookbook awards
- Clint Eastwood, ‘Boyhood’ director Richard Linklater nominated for Directors Guild Award
- Producer Jeffrey Katzenberg receives honorary Oscar at Governors Awards for his charitable work
- 'Moonrise Kingdom,' 'Silver Linings Playbook' led nominations for 2013 Spirit Awards
- Full list: Who got nominated for a SAG Award?
- Jake Owen nominated for fan engagement award
- Tom Cruise receives Friars Club Entertainment Icon award in NYC
- Beyoncé to perform at MTV VMAs, receive Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award
Vietnam receives six nominations in 2019 World Travel Awards have 327 words, post on english.vov.vn at September 19, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.