Vietnam reported foreign tourist arrivals of some 11.3 million in the first eight months of this year, with significant gains from several Asian source markets, Bangkok Post cited Vietnam’s National Administration of Tourism. The standout market in terms of growth is Thai travellers, up 46.3 percent in the eight-month period. Meanwhile, the Chinese market dipped 0.9 percent. An estimated 310,955 Thai people travelled to Vietnam during January-August, with a leap expected as airlines increase the frequency of flights and push new routes to the country. Chotechuang Soorangura, associate managing director at NS Travel & Tours, said the growth of Thais travelling to Vietnam is the result of two factors: more flights and cheap prices for tourism facilities. Besides, the travel time is short while Vietnamese cuisine is not dissimilar to Thai food. From Bangkok, travellers can choose from seven destinations via direct flight. The central region is gaining popularity, with such leading destinations as Da Nang, Hue and Hoi An. Social networks mean travellers are sharing their stunning pictures of attractions online, tempting potential travellers to ask tour companies where the photos were taken so they can book a package themselves. The Thai Travel Agents Association said Thai visitors booking… Read full this story
- Vietnam issues travel advisory for Singapore
- Hanoi streets adorned with Ban flowers in full bloom
- Travel on domestic rail routes suspended over COVID-19 fears
- Is it safe to travel to Phuket and Bangkok? Latest Thailand advice as Brits deemed ‘high risk’ due to coronavirus
- Vietnam enters new era for travel and leisure with world-class entertainment parks
- Vietnam's former imperial capital left deserted as pandemic concerns escalate
- Jacaranda flowers add charm to Vietnam's 'Little Paris'
- China Technology Company SocialPeta Enters Vietnam Market
- British executive at COVID-19 quarantine centre: Thank you, Vietnam
- Vietnam records 85 covid-19 cases
Vietnam experiences a travel bloom: Thai media have 298 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.