The Drug Crime Investigation Department under Vietnam’s Ministry of Public Security said Sunday that it was treating the case in which groups of Chinese people were found manufacturing drugs in the central and Central Highlands regions as “serious,” and collaborating with Chinese police to investigate it further. Vietnamese police detained seven Chinese men and one Vietnamese man for investigation last week. The leader of the ring has been identified as Cai Zi Li, 56, who has a record of previous drug crimes in China. He had been sentenced to life and let out under an amnesty program not long ago. The illegal activity was discovered at the Dong An Vien Export-Import Company factory in the Central Highlands province of Kon Tum on August 6. Colonel Vu Van Hau, deputy director of the Drug Crime Investigation Department, said last week that Vietnam had busted several drug manufacturing rings run by its citizens, but this was the first time the country has unearthed one run by foreigners. The factory in Kon Tum is owned by a Vietnamese person. The Chinese men had rented it to make illegal drugs. 140 liters of drug precursors, 13 tons of chemicals, and 20 tons of machinery and equipment… Read full this story
- China to Retry Canadian on Drug Charge Amid Diplomatic Spat
- China to Retry Canadian on Drugs Charge Amid Diplomatic Spat
- Officials: Louisville drug ring tied to cartel
- UES Overdose Leads To Takedown Of Bronx Drug Ring: Prosecutors
- Massive Drug Ring Indictments Name 40 Ohioans
- China to investigate firms sanctioned by US over North Korea
- Ex-Police Detective Allegedly Running Prostitution Ring In NYC
- Two Massive Accused Drug Rings Indicted In Ohio: Patch PM
- China’s Communist Party Runs This U.S. TV Station. How Independent Can It Be?
- Previous Deportee Busted Running Fentanyl Ring, Say Phoenix Police
Vietnam, China jointly investigate Chinese-run drug ring have 301 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 16, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.