Sep 22, 3:17 PM EDT Newsletter Signup BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureOpinionSportsLuxury World By Wesley Dockery 09/22/19 AT 3:10 PM Thousands of Indian-Americans showed up at rally Sunday for Indian President Narendra Modi in Houston, with President Trump also showing up to speak at the event. The meeting, referred to as ”Howdy Modi!,” is considered important for U.S.-India relations, as the two leaders boasted of their warm friendship amid trade tensions.”Friends, as I told you, we have met a few times and every time he has been the same: warm, friendly, accessible, energetic and full of wit,” Modi said about Trump at the rally. “India has a true friend in the White House.” ”We welcome India’s growing investments right here in the lone star state,” Trump said. “Nations around the world are investing in the United States because they know we have the best economy and the best workers in the world. We want to thank everybody and India has never invested in the U.S. like it is doing today, and I want to say it’s reciprocal because we’re doing the same thing in India.” The U.S and India could be warming up to an agreement on trade, as the two countries have both imposed tariffs on goods…. Read full this story
- Thousands Attend Satoru Iwata's Funeral to Pay Respects to the Nintendo Visionary
- Thousands attend Iwata's funeral in Kyoto
- PM Modi meets Russian President Vladimir Putin; discusses issues of mutual interests
- PM Modi meets Malaysian PM Mahathir in Russia
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi charmed by Australian Koala bear at G20
- Democrats get ready to ram through next phase of Donald Trump impeachment inquiry in face of Republican objections as he demands his party 'stand together and defender the leader' against 'smears'
- Harry Dunn's mother slams 'oafish and insulting' Donald Trump after he defends US spy's wife who killed her son in crash because it's difficult 'driving on wrong side of road' - then flashes note revealing she WON'T face justice in Britain
- Angela Merkel and Donald Trump head for clash at G20 summit
- Trump pats Putin on the back and chats with smiling Saudi Crown Prince - the man accused of ordering the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi - who stands in the front row for 'family photo' at G20 summit
- India rejects Pak report claim that New Delhi ready for talks with Islamabad
US – India Relations: Thousands Attend Houston Modi-Trump Rally have 400 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.