Issued on: 22/09/2019 – 19:17 Washington (AFP) The United States said Sunday it will make its case against Iran at the United Nations this week, insisting it wants to give diplomacy “every opportunity to succeed” in the wake of a devastating attack on a vital Saudi oil complex.Setting the stage for President Donald Trump’s address to the annual UN General Assembly on Tuesday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo put aside threats of US military retaliation against Iran for the attack.”President Trump and I both want to give diplomacy every opportunity to succeed,” Pompeo said in an interview with ABC’s “This Week.””Our administration’s taking this on in a serious way and we are working diligently to see that this has a diplomatic outcome,” he said.”But make no mistake about it, if we’re unsuccessful in that and Iran continues to strike out in this way, I am confident that President Trump will make the decisions necessary to achieve our objectives.”The United States has accused Tehran of carrying out the sneak air attacks that set aflame Saudi Arabia’s Abqaiq plant and the Khurais oil field September 14, knocking out half the kingdom’s oil production.Pompeo called it “one of the largest attacks on the… Read full this story
- Diplomacy is not Working with Iran, what is next?
- Iran, Syria, North Korea - Lessons in Diplomacy
- U.S. - Iran Talks - Setup for Failure?
- Ignoring Iran's Evilness - More of the Same
- Jews for Ahmadinejad
- Iraq: What Next
- Hamas' Near-Term Strategy - What Next?
- U.S. Foreign Policy: The Need to Return to Basics
- A Case For Lebanon - A Non-Nuclear Oriented Argument Against The Islamic Republic
- The Balance of Power Returns to US Foreign Policy in the Middle East
US emphasizes diplomacy in standoff with Iran have 300 words, post on www.france24.com at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.