WASHINGTON (AP) — Tensions are flaring in the Persian Gulf after President Donald Trump said the U.S. is “locked and loaded” to respond to a weekend drone assault on Saudi Arabia’s energy infrastructure that his aides blamed on Iran. The attack, which halved the kingdom’s oil production and sent crude prices spiking, led Trump to authorize the release of U.S. strategic reserves should they be necessary to stabilize markets. Trump said the U.S. had reason to believe it knew who was behind the attack his secretary of state had blamed Iran the previous day and said his government was waiting to consult with the Saudis as to who they believe was behind the attack and “under what terms we would proceed!” The tweets Sunday followed a National Security Council meeting at the White House and hours after U.S. officials offered what they said was proof that the attack was inconsistent with claims of responsibility by Yemen’s Iran-backed Houthi rebels and instead pointed the finger directly at Tehran. A U.S. official said all options, including a military response, were on the table, but added that no decisions had been made. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the… Read full this story
- Donald Trump Says Horrible Munich-Style Terrorist Attacks ‘Cannot Continue’
- Yemen's Houthis say launch drone attack at Saudi border airport
- Donald Trump says the BLM protesters who screamed 'f*** the white people' at Pittsburgh diners and drank their beer are Joe Biden voters and 'anarchists' as he challenges his rival to 'utter the words, LAW & ORDER!'
- Donald Trump says flying the Confederate flag is 'freedom of speech' after lashing out at NASCAR for banning it in latest culture war intervention
- Scarborough: ‘Trump Says He Didn’t Want Americans to Panic — No, He Just Wanted to Sit By and Watch Them Die’
- Israel and the Kingdom of Bahrain to establish 'full diplomatic relations,' Trump says
- US Must Stop Violating Laws by Launching Drone Attacks From Germany - Lawmaker
- Mary Trump says president's 'desperation' led him to accuse Biden of drug use
- Yemen's Houthi rebels launch drone attack toward Saudi border airport
- Trump says he downplayed coronavirus threat
Trump says US locked and loaded in response to drone attack have 373 words, post on www.boston.com at September 15, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.