white house Garret Marquis, John Bolton’s spokesman, ran communications for the National Security Council under Bolton. The expected turnover at the National Security Council has begun. A day after Trump ousted national security adviser John Bolton, Garret Marquis, Bolton’s top spokesman, has also departed the administration. Marquis ran communications for the NSC under Bolton, joining the administration shortly after Bolton came on board last year. Story Continued Below The longtime Bolton loyalist left the administration on good terms, a source familiar with the situation said, adding that it was simply a case of being lumped in with Trump’s third national security adviser. “It was an honor to serve my country, and I wish the president and the administration success moving forward,” Marquis said in a statement. Marquis previously served in the Bush administration, and for the late Sen. John McCain on both his 2008 presidential campaign and at his Senate office. Before joining the White House, Marquis was managing partner at the lobbying firm Prism Group and served as the spokesman for Bolton’s super PAC. He also worked at an anti-Hillary Clinton super PAC before she ran for president in 2016. Bolton’s tenure at the White House was often contentious… Read full this story
- Bolton Accuses White House of Censoring His New Book: ‘I Hope It’s Not Suppressed’
- John Bolton Comes Out Swinging in Defence of Former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly
- Hope Hicks quits $1-million-a-year job with Rupert Murdoch's Fox to RETURN to the White House as 'counselor to the presidet' after leaving in 2018 in wake of her boyfriend Rob Porter being accused of domestic violence
- Bolton to break his silence as White House wrangles over content of his book
- John Bolton Worries White House Will ‘Suppress’ His Upcoming Memoir
- White House quietly trims dozens of national security experts
- Obama's Deputy National Security Adviser Says John Bolton's Book Shows Trump Administration's 'Unprecedented Level of Corruption'
- ‘Not Asking for Martyrdom': John Bolton Speaks Up For First Time After Trump's Impeachment Acquittal
- Bolton: Testimony wouldn’t have changed impeachment outcome
- Trump's deputy national security adviser Victoria Coates leaving White House
Top Bolton aide out at White House have 360 words, post on www.politico.com at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.