PBA’s winningest coach Tim Cone is reportedly included in the list of choices to handle the Philippine men’s basketball team for future international competitions. A report by The Philippine Star quoted Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas chairman emeritus Manny Pangilinan saying that there would be certain advantages if Cone, the current Barangay Ginebra coach, will be selected as the next Gilas Pilipinas mentor. READ: Yeng Guiao resigns as Gilas Pilipinas coach Cone, who has led the Centennial team to a bronze medal win in the 1998 Asian Games, is the most accomplished coach in the PBA with 21 titles. However, Pangilinan said they will have to evaluate their list and check first if Cone is willing. “We have to choose the coach first. Then the first order is to talk to him if he’s willing himself. I like to imagine he would be. Then we have to talk to San Miguel. I think they will permit him to do that,” he said. Others still in the mix are San Miguel deputy coach Jimmy Alapag and Ateneo mentor Tab Baldwin. For more sports coverage, visit the ABS-CBN Sports website.
- The Hill's 12:30 Report - Presented by Facebook - Top tech executives testify in blockbuster antitrust hearing
- Coach-truck collision kills 8 in central Vietnam
- Major League Baseball cancels Marlins home opener and Phillies-Yankees game after '14 Miami players and coaches test positive for coronavirus'
- Trump says Harris would be 'fine choice' for Biden running mate
- How the Indy Star and Rachael Denhollander took down Larry Nassar
- Coronavirus live updates: Twitter suspends Trump Jr.’s account for promoting false claims on virus
- Coronavirus live updates: Record number of patients hospitalized in San Francisco
- Coronavirus live updates: Every county in California has recorded cases after 2 test positive in Modoc
- The single most damning quote about Donald Trump and coronavirus yet
- Serious car accident in Binh Thuan kills eight, injures seven
Tim Cone among choices to be next Gilas coach: report have 317 words, post on news.abs-cbn.com at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.