IITs claim that recent global ranking has missed out on the latest data and there is confusion regarding the years mentioned Following the release of the Times Higher Education (THE) World Rankings 2020, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay claims that the institute did not submit any data to the publication after 2017. “The last data submitted by IIT B, for THE rankings were for the year 2017. We have not submitted any data for the year 2018 and 2019,” said an IIT-B official. Times Higher Education released the rankings for 2020 on September 11. Of the 14 IITs that made it to the list of latest rankings, IIT-Bombay, IIT-Delhi and IIT-Kharagpur have acquired position between 401-500. New IITs including IIT-Ropar and IIT-Indore have attained higher ranking than its older counterparts. While IIT-Ropar obtained the rank within 301-350 bracket alongside Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, IIT-Indore was ranked in the 351-400 bracket. The IIT-B official further claims of the “confusion over the method THE followed to prepare 2020 rankings” since the publication did not offer any clarification on the data of the academic year they considered. “World rankings 2020 give the impression that it is based on data… Read full this story
- Coronavirus: IIT Bombay creates platform to connect those providing relief aid
- Coronavirus pandemic| IIT Bombay’s Spoken Tutorial Project launches helpline for mothers stuck at home
- NIRF India Rankings 2020 postponed due to coronavirus disease outbreak
- ICC T20 World Cup 2020: Tournament to vie for space with Rules Football, Rugby League
- IIT- Bombay researchers’ bluetooth stethoscope can hear heart beats from a distance
- MS Dhoni's Chances to Get Included in India Squad For T20 World Cup 2020 Very Bleak if IPL Doesn't Happen: Kris Srikkanth
- IIT-Bombay designs online platform to track availability of personal protective equipment
- Is Andrea Bocelli married, when are his live shows in 2020 and how did he go blind?
- World stocks jump on less dire virus data, oil falls after OPEC+ delay
- From 'GoCoronaGo' to 'Sampark-o-Meter': IISc, IITs develop mobile apps to aid fight against COVID-19
THE World Rankings 2020: IIT Bombay did not submit any data have 334 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at September 19, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.