MIAMI (AP) — The Latest on tropical weather (all times local): 11 p.m. Tropical Storm Lorena has become a hurricane just offshore the coast of Colima, Mexico. Lorena is expected to brush or hit land by early Thursday somewhere between the port of Manzanillo and Puerto Vallarta on Mexico’s southwestern Pacific coast. The U.S. National Hurricane Center says Lorena had winds of 70 mph (110 kph) and was moving northwest at 12 mph (19 kph) late Wednesday. It was located about 35 miles (56 kilometers) south-southeast of Manzanillo. Mexican officials say they’re concerned that some parts of southern Mexico, which have seen a lack of rainfall, could now get torrential rains and floods from a combination of Lorena and two other weather systems in the area. Elsewhere, the core of Hurricane Humberto was centered at 11 p.m. EDT Wednesday about 130 miles (209 kilometers) north northeast of Bermuda. It’s moving to the northeast at 23 mph (37 kph). Forecasters say hurricane-force winds are expected to continue across Bermuda into early Thursday morning. ___ 9 p.m. The remnants of Tropical Storm Imelda spawned several tornadoes east of Houston, destroying some structures and damaging cars, roofs and utility lines. No injuries were… Read full this story
- Caribbean tropical moisture plume will bring threat of heavy rain to East Coast
- Gulf of Mexico disturbance bringing heavy rains to Florida, and may develop
- Tropical development chance of system approaching Gulf increases to 50 percent: National Hurricane Center
- Cycling tourists were robbed, murdered in Mexico: authorities
- Mexico’s Vargas battles through cuts to retain WBC title
- Alberto's landfall will likely impact the Mississippi Coast. Here's how.
- The Latest: Alberto makes landfall on Florida Panhandle
- The Latest: 2 die in North Carolina covering fringe storm
- Tropical disturbance eyed as NOAA looks ahead to 2018 hurricane season
- Subtropical Storm Alberto turns toward Gulf, bringing heavy rain: Latest update
The Latest: Lorena becomes hurricane off coast of Mexico have 304 words, post on apnews.com at September 19, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.