LONDON — The Latest on Britain’s departure from the European Union (all times local): 2:45 p.m. The European Union says British and EU negotiators agree to continue discussions aimed at ending the Brexit impasse, as the talks appear to be gaining momentum.The European Commission said Friday that the technical talks are focused on “a first set of concepts, principles and ideas that the United Kingdom has put forward.”The EU has demanded that Britain put forward written proposals on how to keep goods flowing smoothly across the Irish border without costly and time consuming checks once Northern Ireland leaves the bloc along with the rest of the U.K.The commission says “it is essential that there is a fully workable and legally operational solution” included in the legally-binding Brexit divorce agreement. by signing up you agree to our terms of service It says the EU remains “willing and open to examine any… Read full this story
- Theresa May’s Brexit deal crushed by MPs AGAIN meaning we’re no nearer to quitting EU after 993 days
- Brexit weekly briefing: another letdown for Theresa May
- Boris Johnson savages Theresa May’s Brexit plan as he quits as Foreign Secretary and refuses to rule out going for Prime Minister’s job
- Coronavirus: What's the latest with Brexit and other big stories?
- 'We're not done yet': Dominic Raab reads the riot act as Britain suffers 881 more coronavirus deaths ahead of sunny Easter weekend and warns lockdown must REMAIN until peak is passed - amid demands for an 'exit strategy' before economic meltdown
- Who is telling the truth? Extraordinary row breaks out between Boris Johnson's scientific advisers as they point the fingers at each other over WHEN they sounded the alarm over coronavirus
- Brussels trip by PM fails to unblock stalemate as both sides harden stance
- Special Report: Johnson listened to his scientists about coronavirus - but they were slow to sound the alarm
- Covid-19: Boris Johnson listened to his scientists about coronavirus but they were slow to sound the alarm
- RPT-SPECIAL REPORT-Johnson listened to his scientists about coronavirus - but they were slow to sound the alarm
The Latest: EU, UK agree to continue Brexit talks have 359 words, post on www.dailyherald.com at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.