Instagram tops the source of inspiration for travellers aged 16-24, according to a Booking.com survey. (Booking.com photo) Social media is an integral part of travel for Generation Z, with Instagram the top source of inspiration when picking a destination, according to a new study by Booking.com.The study surveyed over 21,000 people from around the world (25% of whom were aged 16-24, or Gen Z) and found 51% of Gen Zers trust recommendations from influencers and celebrities they don’t know. Some 26% took over 50 pictures a day while on vacation and 56% share the pictures on social media. Conversely, over half of Gen Z (53%) think too much emphasis is placed on social media when travelling. Many Gen Zers travel for the sake of social media. Some 60% of Gen Z surveyed said they’re interested in travelling that will look good in pictures. Over half (56%) of Gen Z said always upload pictures from their trips on social media when travelling, with millennials being the demographic most likely to do this (67%). Over half of Gen Z in Thailand (64%) like to see travel posts and pictures on social media and 30% listed social media as the top inspiration for… Read full this story
- Does quitting social media make you happier? Yes, say young people doing it
- Travelling for social media is gaining momentum for 2020
- Shock surge in child anorexia: Experts blame social media and celebrity diet culture as hospital admissions for under-19s suffering eating disorders DOUBLE in a decade
- A Decade in the Era of Social Media: Top Influencers Who Redefined the Way We Think
- How to Keep Up with the Trends on Social Media
- I deleted my social media apps because they were turning me into an idiot
- Delete Facebook: Studies show 1.8 million Aussies deleted Facebook, and most don’t trust social media
- Social media outraged at coffee chain after it 'mocks' residents in 'historically black' Denver area with advert reading 'Happily gentrifying the neighborhood since 2014!'
- CDC: Social Media Influencing Teens To Just Say No To Sex
- Mangaluru police post videos of Dec. 19 violence on social media
Social media makes travel plans for Gen Z: Booking.com survey have 349 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at September 16, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.